+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Turntable Tables. What is out there?

I'm Justin.

Default Dedicated Turntable Tables. What is out there?

I'm looking for a dedicated turntable table. I sold a Mana years ago and was pretty happy with that.

During my experiments with TT supports, I came to realise that wall mounts aren't for me. Direct coupling to a solid concrete floor will work a lot better in this property as the walls in this house aren't solid brick internally.

So is there anything similar to a Mana out there?

Any suggestions welcome. Note this is for a TT only.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I said on TAS - start with a IKEA Lack table and work up from that
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Justin.

£6 and available in pink!

I'm Justin.

Actually if anyone has a Mana for sale in very good condition let me know.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

If you have a metal fabricator near you, Justin, you could easily have one made (for not a lot), and in non-magnetic stainless steel too (much better than the original angle-iron). That's what I did, after selling off my originals

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Yeah I was thinking DIY made sense. Glass coffee tables are also an option - not far off a Mana TBH for much less money.

I'm Justin.

Marco have you a pic of what you had made? Or is there a thread?

Nah, a glass coffee table will be nothing like a Mana support table, which is designed to dissipate vibration and actually improve the sound of a turntable...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Mana's resonate quite markedly. I used to have a very heavyweight coffee table with a huge thick piece of glass suspended at four discrete points much like a Mana. It was more damped than the Mana in actuality. Just putting your hand on it with music playing easily confirmed that.

The coffee table was too huge. That's why the Mana was purchased. It was no better and technically I reckon it was pumping more vibrational feedback into the deck. As a result they sound quite lively.

Anyway - got any pics of yer table etc as mentioned above?

We'll have to agree to disagree on the coffee table thing, Justin.

Anyway, what you're essentially looking for is a Mana Soundtable, which looks like this: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue5/mana.htm

Mine is like that without the centre shelf. I can measure the dimensions, if you like. You'll also need some proper 6mm toughened glass with polished edges (for the shelves) and stainless steel spikes and nuts

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast