+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raspberry PI USB to Caiman II

I'm Chris.

I have been using this line in the 'Up sample' (-R) setting -u mLX

I do have an IQaudio DAC board as well but have found the Caiman II sounds soooo much better!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by badsoden View Post
    I have been using this line in the 'Up sample' (-R) setting -u mLX

I do have an IQaudio DAC board as well but have found the Caiman II sounds soooo much better!
    Perhaps we're using different versions of piCorePlayer/squeezelite(Triode's)...perhaps there's a different interface

My IQaudio/pi combo is in the kitchen, exposed to cooking fumes, whereas my Caimann II is safely tucked away in the bedroom system...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Chris.

I'm using version 2.01 and Triode's squeezelite. The setting is in the 'Squeezelite Settings' tab. Which view are you using basic, normal or advanced?

I'm Rudolf.

The Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 run ethernet and usb off the same controller, so this can lead to a bottleneck when streaming from ethernet to usb.
    Wifi in the RP3 does not run off the same controller as usb, so streaming from Wifi to usb should be ok.
    If you are using ethernet, it might be better to use an Odroid C2 which runs ethernet and usb completely separate.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by rudolffischer View Post
    The Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 run ethernet and usb off the same controller, so this can lead to a bottleneck when streaming from ethernet to usb.
    Wifi in the RP3 does not run off the same controller as usb, so streaming from Wifi to usb should be ok.
    If you are using ethernet, it might be better to use an Odroid C2 which runs ethernet and usb completely separate.
    Thank you. That makes sense. The software I use is only produced for the PI so I'll try WiFi. I have recently started using a Digi+ hat board. I'm still trying to make my mind up which connection I prefer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm Alastair.

I have an RPI3 using WiFi with a Digi+ into my Caiman II DAC. It sound superb. Big improvement over my SBT and also over the RPI3/Audiophonic iSabre DAC combo.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12