+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon DL 102 Mono

I'm Julian.

Default Denon DL 102 Mono

I am minded to get one of these as I have a lot of mono jazz records. However I have a couple of questions. Hopefully some of you will have used this cart.

1. Will this cart be a good/adequate match for my tonearm which is a Jelco 750D/ I suppose the heavy weight would be needed?
    2. The DL 102 page here http://www3.sympatico.ca/murraya/DL102inst.htm
    suggests using a recommended loading value of 1000 ohms as opposed to
    47000 ohms which is the input impedance value of my MM phono stage.

Does this mean I will need a step up transformer on which I can dial in 1000 ohms or a MC phono stage which I can equally set to 1000 ohms, or can I play it on my existing phono stage?

( I am afraid I am very confused by all the technical stuff about input impedance/load capacity/output/signal to noise & all that stuff . If anyone can explain in words of one syllable that a complete non-technically minded idiot can understand I would be grateful).

Other kit used;
    Lenco 75 in heavy plinth with above arm
    Graham Slee Jazz Club
    Quad 66 pre
    Quad 606/2 power
    Kef 104/2s
    Julian.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would run it straight into the MM input of your phonostage. http://www3.sympatico.ca/murraya/DenonMonoPage.htm
    Barry

I'm Julian.

Actually in the end I pulled the trigger on an AT Mono3/LP - cheaper but also should be played at 1k ohm, so will possibly need some kind of step up transformer - any suggestions?
    Julian.

+ Reply to Thread