+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: what do you drive at the weekend

I'm Andr'e.

Who remember the old Sunbeam motorbikes, they had fat tyres like that..Proper bikes
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Who remember the old Sunbeam motorbikes, they had fat tyres like that..Proper bikes
    The S7 had fat tyres and the S8 had skinny ones 'cos it was supposed to be sporty.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by BTH K10A View Post
    Very nice Jon, really like the kelseys. Tyre/arch fit is spot on too
    cheers Andy , the car has had a complete nut and bolt rebuild and still retains its original body, the original chassis has been strengthened and boxed, brakes are updated to 40 ford juice brakes and runs a Ford v8 pilot rear axle, the chassis has a 4 inch kick up and 4inch drop front beam with a reversed eye Spring, the rear fenders had to be gently panel beat out to allow the tyre wheel combo to fit under to give it that killer stance...drives like its on rails ,
    to be eligible to be in the VHRA and run at Pendine you must run buggie springs, drum brakes and cross ply tyres , I managed to beat a few of the V8 cars for speed , wanted to get in the 100 mph club but there's always next year which will give me time to iron out all the bugs and get some bigger balls lol ....car is now sitting minus its gearbox which is away for rebuild ... chances you take buying on second hand bits off eBay

Ended up driving it with its noisy gearbox and dodgy clutch all the way from Swansea to a mates in Chertsy straight up the M4 as we had to use my trailer to recover a very famous 33 roadster that broke its torque tube
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    nice bike Andre' , one of my biggest regrets is not doing my bike test all those years ago when it was easy
    Jon

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    cheers Andy , the car has had a complete nut and bolt rebuild and still retains its original body, the original chassis has been strengthened and boxed, brakes are updated to 40 ford juice brakes and runs a Ford v8 pilot rear axle, the chassis has a 4 inch kick up and 4inch drop front beam with a reversed eye Spring, the rear fenders had to be gently panel beat out to allow the tyre wheel combo to fit under to give it that killer stance...drives like its on rails ,
    to be eligible to be in the VHRA and run at Pendine you must run buggie springs, drum brakes and cross ply tyres , I managed to beat a few of the V8 cars for speed , wanted to get in the 100 mph club but there's always next year which will give me time to iron out all the bugs and get some bigger balls lol ....car is now sitting minus its gearbox which is away for rebuild ... chances you take buying on second hand bits off eBay
    Car looks fantastic with all the correct classic hot rod period parts Jon but the gearbox issues must be karma for fitting a Zetec and not a vintage block

The pics of your Roadster PU had me digging out my old copies of Drag Racing (later & Hot Rod) magazine from 1965 through to 1970. Used to go to Blackbush and Santa Pod with a schoolfriend and his father who raced an early 60's Chevrolet.

Last edited by BTH K10A; 20-06-2016 at 18:19.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

lol about the Zetec , I wanted something that would be fast and a Daily driver without the hassles of a V8 , I originally had a 21 stud flathead to go in it but as I already have flathead powered vehicles I started to think a little out of the box hence the Zetec and type 9 combo so sold the 21 stud on to a mate
    cool collection of mags, haven't been to the pod for years .....Shakespeare county has a better vibe shame its future is in doubt due to a new housing scheme , hope to get up there later in the year for the Flathead meltdown
    Jon

Set up

I'm Clark.

Cool car for a daily driver, Zetec makes sense
    Last edited by BTH K10A; 22-06-2016 at 18:47.

I'm Geoff.

Coincidental. I was thinking of going to Santa Pod this summer too. Not been for about twenty years. I used to go two or three times a year.

I saw Sammy Miller there in his rocket car Vanishing Point, setting his world record 386 mph in 3.58 seconds in the mid eighties. Nothing prepares you for something like that!

(I also liked going to 'The Fighter Meet' at North Weald. That was a great airshow)
    Last edited by walpurgis; 21-06-2016 at 19:19.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

My Beetle (well, a Golf underneath)- 16 years old and still going strong.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I used to bomb about in this half a lifetime ago:

One of several Mantas I had in the late 80s and early 90s

And here are the current wheels. To my great surprise it was recalled by BMW recently for a new air bag module, I didn't think they'd recall a 16 year old nugget.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast