+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you drive at the weekend

I'm Jon.

Also, if i ever get round to rebuilding it...

I'm Geoff.

Not seen one of those for a while. There used to be a Sierra XR8 near me. Heard of that one?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Imjustsurviving.

nice XR 4i , I had a my 1 chopper when I was a kid

out and about in this yesterday

[IMG][/IMG]
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Jon.

I have. A rare car with a Chevy or Stang lump in it.
    Love that truck Jonboy, dunno why, I'd just really like one.
    It'd certainly scare cyclists, which is only a good thing

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Justjon View Post
    It'd certainly scare cyclists, which is only a good thing
    lol I think I scared a few down the the A272 on my to Midhurst and back yesterday ,
    Jon

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Justjon View Post
    Also, if i ever get round to rebuilding it...
    Looks like it just needs a chain and some brake levers - shouldn't take long!

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This was the best. I had it for years. Ex electricity board, bog standard 850 Minivan.

Gave it a 998 engine with +40 rebore to 1014cc, flat top pistons, 948 rally cam + hi-lift rockers, 12G295 Cooper head with gas flow + skim, uprated 1/4 Cooper SU carbs or ex Datsun 240Z 1.5" SU copy, RC40 complete racing exhaust & LCB manifold, Burgess shocks all round. Minifin drums. And so much more. It would pull 106 mph (according to the rev counter on the 3.44 to 1 diff), which may not sound much these days, but the acceleration was great. Used to blow the old XR2s/XR3s and Golf GTis into the weeds and was absolutely the best handing motor I've ever come across.......

(oh, and I resprayed it Ferrari red )
    Nothing handles quite like a mini.

Good choice of wheels on that minivan

I used to race in the minicross championship back in the 850cc days and a mate of mine wanted to get into racing so he bought an 850 mini from a bloke in Knatts Valley near Brands Hatch. We went there in his then new Mk 1 Golf GTI and I was to drive the mini back. He was astounded when his new hot hatch could not keep up with a bog standard 850 mini in the Kent country lanes and wanted to know if it had been tuned up. I told him that he'd bought a pile of shit which he took to be a comment about the mini but I'll never forget the look on his face when I told him I was talking about the Golf.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by archiesdad View Post
    Most weekends I drag this out the garage and go "hooligan"
    Maybe not today though, it's blooming snowing.
    I test drove one years ago. Nearly lost control of the rear end in the wet. Zero traction control.

Be careful in it.

Only moves above 6000 rpm, but when you get there it does yift!

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Default Pendine Sands

The old hifi has taken a bit of a back burner lately due to this , been spending my time getting this built and ready , it's a 1928 Ford model A roadster pickup fitted with a 2 litre black top Zetec engine , got it fired up and running on Wednesday night 1st of June went around the block a couple of times to check brakes and steering , loaded it up on my trailer and took it to Pendine Uploaded it and raced it on the sands Saturday and Sunday at the VHRA (Vintage hot rod association) annual races ....grin fracture was emence and achieved 85 mph as my best pass with slipping clutch from a standing start , run up is 1/4 mile then you are timed for a 1/16 with half a mile to slow down , the record currently stands at 117 mph , the sensation of driving flat out on sand that is on the move all the time is like nothing else , it was a great experience and privilege to be able to drive on those halowed grounds

Last edited by Jonboy; 18-06-2016 at 23:19.
    Jon

Set up

I'm Grant.

Well done Jon. thats a lot faster that I'd fancy on sand I can tell you.. Lovely old motor too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast