+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you drive at the weekend

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I ought to dig out some photos of my old motors.
    I used to bomb about in this half a lifetime ago:

Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

And for the (more astute) bikers amongst you, this was also my wicked quick baby about the same time:

(yes, the paint job was all my work and those are real Denco racing pipes and there are H1B barrels on and a port job)

(and for the less astute, there's another exhaust on the left side, it's a triple)
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Love both of those, Geoff, especially the bike, which is 'propa'

Bikes without spoked wheels just aren't the same!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Geoff.

Had this too about then. 2.3 Granada GL auto. Nice motor!

Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Had this too about then. 2.3 Granada GL auto. Nice motor!

I had one of those too... cant remember if it did.. low auto stick mind.. was a very good motor
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

This was the best. I had it for years. Ex electricity board, bog standard 850 Minivan.

Gave it a 998 engine with +40 rebore to 1014cc, flat top pistons, 948 rally cam + hi-lift rockers, 12G295 Cooper head with gas flow + skim, uprated 1/4 Cooper SU carbs or ex Datsun 240Z 1.5" SU copy, RC40 complete racing exhaust & LCB manifold, Burgess shocks all round. Minifin drums. And so much more. It would pull 106 mph (according to the rev counter on the 3.44 to 1 diff), which may not sound much these days, but the acceleration was great. Used to blow the old XR2s/XR3s and Golf GTis into the weeds and was absolutely the best handing motor I've ever come across.......

(oh, and I resprayed it Ferrari red )
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Alan.

I started motoring with a minivan, but mine was a travelling scrap heap

Student days when my house mates would all pile in the back

I'm Richard.

One of these.

Or this if the weather is good. Sometimes the Lucida tows the SV650 if I'm doing a trackday. But I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for all that malarkey now; this may have to be my last year.

I'm InUpToMyNutsDeepMostNights.

Loving the cars and bikes, wish I had done my bike test when it was easy as I have a hankering for something old and British
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Den Set up
    Scratch built Loftin White 2A3 SE Valve lovleyness , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , Ortofon SPU

My birds house
    Audio note Zero mono blocks, Audio note M1 pre , Puresound P10 and matching SUT , Denon 103r , Audio note AZ2 speakers, gaitered Stan dac, Lenco GL 75 , Apple TV

I'm InUpToMyNutsDeepMostNights.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Another new addition , The beard

I have had mine 41 years now

Yes thats some set of wheels , Im jealous
    yes the beard is coming on well , I was driving through Shoreham last Summer in my old Ford Truck and someone shouted out " Hillbilly" that made me chuckle
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Den Set up
    Scratch built Loftin White 2A3 SE Valve lovleyness , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , Ortofon SPU

My birds house
    Audio note Zero mono blocks, Audio note M1 pre , Puresound P10 and matching SUT , Denon 103r , Audio note AZ2 speakers, gaitered Stan dac, Lenco GL 75 , Apple TV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast