+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chromecast Audio

I'm richard.

I've noticed something of interest. I got a CCA a while back and like everyone else can only say that it's great value - it's plugged into a M-DAC. However, brought another to plug into the kitchen DAB stereo. When casting to both simultaneously, the kitchen CCA operated fine but the MDAC one didn't - suffered a gappy playback occuring roughly every 10secs. If I stop casting to the kitchen then normal service is returned. So it's unlikely we'll use it much in that way but worth mentioning to see if others have seen this.

I'm Phil.

Default does the CCA need a DAC?

I have one of these running spotify, but it goes straight into the amp. Am i missing out by not having it going through a DAC, would the sound quality be improved or would i just be adding a new box for the sake of it?

thanks,
    P

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    I have one of these running spotify, but it goes straight into the amp. Am i missing out by not having it going through a DAC, would the sound quality be improved or would i just be adding a new box for the sake of it?

thanks,
    P
    If you had a receiver or DAC already then yes, I'd say connection via toslink is a massive improvement over its standard 'headphone' style output. Whether it is worth an extra investment in a DAC all depends on how much you'd be prepared to spend and if you might get other use out of it in your system (such as connecting TV, laptop, CD player or other digital sources).

HiFimediy has some very good and reasonably priced DACs for good results and cheapness, for a few dollars more maybe a Beresford might fit the bill. As with all things in this hobby skys the limit really.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    If you had a receiver or DAC already then yes, I'd say connection via toslink is a massive improvement over its standard 'headphone' style output. Whether it is worth an extra investment in a DAC all depends on how much you'd be prepared to spend and if you might get other use out of it in your system (such as connecting TV, laptop, CD player or other digital sources).

HiFimediy has some very good and reasonably priced DACs for good results and cheapness, for a few dollars more maybe a Beresford might fit the bill. As with all things in this hobby skys the limit really.
    Thanks for this, Rich. I would be happy to spend around £100 on a DAC if i could expect to realise a big improvement in sound qualty (i'v no idea if that sort of money will secure a good DAC though). The Beresford DACs seen very well regarded on here, can anyone advise what price they start at?

I'm Grant.

You,d get a good second hand beresford for that, yes. Not sure what they are new, but more than that. Plenty decent enough new dacs on eay.or ask here in PE for something. Bettya plenty lying on shelves
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Cheers, Grant. I'll have a look around and see what is available second hand. As you say, it might be a good idea to post a wanted ad on here too.

I'm Grant.

Got another chromecast delivered today. was a black friday buy at last minute from Curry at £15 delivered. They had ran out of stock but fair play to Currys, they ordered more in and sent it to me asap;
    Set it up upstairs for now and worked in minutes. Good little things, and ive now got 2.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678