+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromecast Audio

I'm Chris.

I don't know about using the CCA to access files from a HD - I personally would not bother. At the price the convenience of casting Spotify (but in my case CD quality Qobuz which can also be 'cast') is worth the beer money investment alone - and it's very reliable too. You can also cast radio stations in the same way by using the Tunein radio app.

I would have used the CCA to compliment the R-pi as mentioned earlier. In my system I use the same DAC for both a Squeezebox Touch and CCA; the CCA plugs into the optical input of the DAC while the SBT plugs into the coax of the DAC - they run side by side nicely. The SBT is king at streaming files from a Computer whereas the CCA is a more up-to-date source for streaming services such as Spotify and Qobuz.

Oh and if you're concerned about the low cost power supply with with the CCA - you can easily run battery powered from a portable mobile phone charger - it lasts hours and hours.

I'm Bill.

The CCA is such a neat answer to my streaming, especially now that I have signed up for Tidal No worries about connecting to the external HD.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    The CCA is such a neat answer to my streaming, especially now that I have signed up for Tidal No worries about connecting to the external HD.
    Tidal does not 'natively' cast to the CCA - only Qobuz does this for CD quality and above - but as you may have found out you can get round this using BubbleUPnP on an Android phone. With an Apple phone you can't use BubbleUPnP so, for me at least, I am pleased that Qobuz has an app that casts natively.

See here for a list of supported apps: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ch...chromecast.com

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Tidal does not 'natively' cast to the CCA - only Qobuz does this for CD quality and above - but as you may have found out you can get round this using BubbleUPnP on an Android phone. With an Apple phone you can't use BubbleUPnP so, for me at least, I am pleased that Qobuz has an app that casts natively.

See here for a list of supported apps: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/ch...chromecast.com
    Just looking at Qobuz now.........

I'm Bill.

and great, looks like I have gone for the French version!

I'm Chris.

Good - they are excellent - and right now they need all the support they can get (I wish I could get a referral discount )

I'm Bill.

Can the app be changed to 'English'?

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Can the app be changed to 'English'?
    Mine seems to be English by default (on an Apple iPhone) - if you have any issues their support is nice and responsive - email them any queries at support@qobuz.com

I'm Mike.

Currently £15 for one at Curry's/PC World if you want to try it.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...37628-pdt.html

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Currently £15 for one at Curry's/PC World if you want to try it.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...37628-pdt.html
    No brainer at that price. I've just grabbed 2.

Simple multiroom streaming.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast