+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD playback fault

I'm Barry.

Default CD playback fault

My Exposure 2010s has developed a bug , it plays a speeded up clip before the track starts , the track plays from the beginning ok and continues ok as does the CD right through.
    If you select a track it does the same thing quick bit then starts properly. Also when paused it will play the note or word endlessly.

I'm Oliver.

My player does the same thing, but only when used via an external Dac.
    Are you using yours as a transport only ?

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by OD1 View Post
    My player does the same thing, but only when used via an external Dac.
    Are you using yours as a transport only ?
    Thanks Oliver thats it , I've just moved mine to a second system and need to use a DAC because the amp only has two inputs.
    btw what brand is your CD player ?
    Last edited by Bazil; 12-02-2016 at 17:20.

I'm Grant.

Sounds like the mute is coming off too quickly

Maybe defective or dirty muting relay contacts or faulty components in the analog circuitry
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

Grant I've edited my post , its the same as Oliver's only happens when used with DAC.
    Just noticed from another thread Oliver has the same CDP.

I'm Grant.

Strike them then.. Must be in the digital domain... Are you both using optical ot coax?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

Optical but I will try coaxial to see.

I'm Oliver.

I am using Optical, I could not get the coax to work.
    I think the Exposure has a muting circuit in its internal DAC, my Caiman does not AFAIAA.
    I have tried 2 blu ray players with the Caiman, and no problems, so I assume that the problem is not having a muting circuit in the DAC

Oliver

I'm Barry.

Just tried coax and nope nothing same as Oliver's , so is this a fault ?
    Anyway at least its ok as a one box CDP.

I'm Grant.

I remember folk diy-ing cd player o/p mute transistors by removing them to improve the sound; the digital circuit should have a mute , either transistor or on the chip. as its on 2 of same machines, then it may be that the company did away with this mute; find it unlikely that 2 machines develop the same fault or have both been modded.....but you never know
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast