+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member

I'm Peter.

Smile New Member

As a new member, (today) here is just a few facts about me.
    Unfortunately, a big vinyl fan. Current system, Townsend Rock 7 / SME 309/ Benz Wood / Whest two preamp/ Spendors 5Se's / SONOS Playbar, Sub, Play 5's / Play 3's / Play 1's . all a bit bizarre but a lovely sound.

currently interested in obtaining Quad 909 / 99

I'm Dave.

Hi Peter, welcome to AOS. What music do you like? Many vinyl fans here...
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Josie.

Hi Peter.

Welcome to AOS.

A Rock 7 ey!... nice. Great TT's those. And with a Whest, very groovy. I'm sure you will fit right in here

Hope you enjoy AOS.

Josie
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Hi Peter. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting system. If it works for you, that's all that matters.

Quad amplifiers are often offered in our Private Exhibitions sales section. You could place a 'wanted' listing.

Every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered here, so I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Default Music is my life

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Hi Peter, welcome to AOS. What music do you like? Many vinyl fans here...
    Mainly Blues / R&B but will listen to almost anything. Favourite album at present is Etta James and close second is Chris Cornell (Euphoria Morning). Hovever, load more favorites, such as, Robin Trower ( Bridge of Sighs) Joe Cocker ( songs from the Wood and Sheffield Steel are two great albums). The list goes on and on.

In my first post I mentioned the love of the Quad 909 / 99( sorry, showing my age) but eventually managed to get a pristene 909/ 99 and CDP-2.

Nothing will ever surpass the Rock 7 turntable but we all have to give other stuff a try. 😀😀😀😀😀 a system of old and new..... What would we do without technology. !!!!

Thanks for asking in the first place.

Peter

I'm Peter.

Hi,

I haven't been called groovy since the late 60's. That was a very nice comment.������������

I'm Peter.

I like you system very much. ��

As you say, if it sounds right, it is right...

all this money spent and hours trying to get the best from your system, and then suddenly....... It's all worth it. !!!!

Nobody has got the perfect system, trust me I heard systems in the £100, 000 band that don't sound quite right ���� but nice all the same.

Peter

I'm martin.

Welcome to AoS, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with your need for hardware, enjoy the banter.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Peter,

Interesting system you have there.

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread