+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAC Help !!

I'm Graham.

Default DAC Help !!

I'm looking for a better DAC than the one I'm using, which is a small unit about the size of a packet of cigs....now here's the catch...The sound output from my Samsung smart TV is a hdmi socket so the new DAC needs to have a hdmi input or is there another way of connecting it. It's working well but I'm wondering if I could improve it.....I don't need it to stream music as I do that from my laptop and phone via a Bluetooth receiver straight to my amp with very acceptable sound via spotify

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Cheers Ali - most are very similar in size and price to the one I'm using at the moment....I suppose it's as good as anything that is out there
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" Ernest Hemingway

Set-Up (So Far) Garrard 401 with Rega 300 arm & Black 2M, Longdog Audio twin valve dual input phono, Denon DVD 2500 Transport all through Creek Destiny Mk1 integrated amp into Rega RS3 Floor standers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well one of those will at least allow you to use any conventional dac.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread