+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Reading today!

I'm Grant.

soo The Lady From Zagreb...Philip Kerr. Dont know anything about it but got it cheap in kindle and it was a no1
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Just started Book 6 of Frank Tayells series - Surviving The Evacuation. Harvest

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-E...cuation+series
    Good stuff if you are into apocolypse type books
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

just picked up the first book free on amazon but not started it yet
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

I read Agatha Christie's 'The Hollow', HG Wells' 'The Time Machine', and Cyril Hare's 'An English Murder' on holiday. Now it's back to the serious stuff.

I'm Andy.

Just about to start Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

In 2013, a nuclear war occurred, forcing a large amount of Moscow's surviving population to relocate to underground metro stations in search of refuge. Eventually, the communities settled in the underground train stations developed into independent states. Soon, factions emerged, ranging from the independent peacekeepers the "Rangers of the Order", to the communist "Red Line" faction and the fascist "Fourth Reich", to the more powerful factions such as "Polis", which contained the greatest military power and the most knowledge of the past, and the "Hanza" regime, which controlled the main ring of metro stations by its sheer economic power. As these groups began to evolve, the Red Line and the Fourth Reich quickly entered a state of war, as both sought to destroy the other. As the war raged, the stations who refused to join either side were either demolished by the factions, merged into the Hanza regime, raided by criminal bandits, or formed their own independent states. Other stations were outright destroyed by animals, mutated by the nuclear fallout. While most of the stations were controlled by the 3 main factions, some stations formed an independent alliances, including the
    station VDNKh ("Exhibition"). Within that station, the events of Metro 2033 unfold
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Geoff.

Sounds jolly Andy.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Hi Geoff
    The book has an excellent reputation and should be a great read.
    Probably make a start today but the next week or so could be hit and miss.
    Though I will be travelling for work soon and could be my best option to get a good start and maybe finish it.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Geoff.

I like a good book. I pop in the local charity shops for mine and buy just about any novels apart from romances. I grab an armful without reading the backs or studying the fronts too much and end up with a pot luck selection.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

good audiobook this, read by his nibs himself
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

'The Secret of Chimneys' by Agatha Christie (until I realised I'd already read it) then 'Epitaph for a Spy' by Eric Ambler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast