Thread: Album Club, February 2016: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - 'Deja Vu'

I'm Steve.

Strong 7.
    CSN.......ok
    CSNY.....much better

The standout track for me is Helpless which alone gets a 10

.........one of the ones I sold on here to a Mr P Dixon

I'm Mike.

Listened to this four times now, can't help feeling that time hasn't been kind to it. A lot of things from that era haven't aged well, it's usually films but this album falls into that same trap imo. 6/10
    Mike

My kit

Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA – 750L, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, Graham Slee Reflex C with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Audio-Technica AT33EV, Audio Technica AT33 Mono, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - Kef LS S0, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike - H View Post
    Listened to this four times now, can't help feeling that time hasn't been kind to it. A lot of things from that era haven't aged well, it's usually films but this album falls into that same trap imo. 6/10
    Yes it probably hasn't if it isn't new to you , I knew of CSN at the time but would never have listened or bought anything like that (with my pocket money ) , Prog , Heavy Rock etc was my thing and I completely missed CSN and the likes. It wasn't until I caught them on TV at Glastonbury 2009 ? that I thought hmm I should give them a listen, I went to see them and have done four more times , I bought their albums and I think this is their best , of course Neil Young who didn't past me by is on it which helps.

I'm Sean.

I like it but I don't love it, 7 from me.

I'm Mike.

Essential for at least historical reasons.

7/10, pushing 8 on a good day
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Loz.

Not bad, a few stand out songs for me in Helpless, 4+20 and Country Girl. I love Neil Young, much less familiar with Crosby, Stills and Nash. But somehow it just doesn't do for me overall. An middling 5 from me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Loz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12