+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could I just remind folks......

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I still think of the Seoul Olympics as quite a recent one. When was that? 1988?

I agree pre 2000 for vintage just doesn't seem right. Pre 1990 might be better as a guideline.
    And is it a static, or moving date? Will it be 2001 next year, 2002 the year after, and so forth?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Guys, guys, guys.... Lol! No need to overly complicate matters. All I'm asking is that a *little thought* (as opposed to sometimes no thought whatsoever) is used before posting threads, instead of just dumping them into Blank Canvas, which happens regularly, and completely defeats the purpose of us having dedicated areas of the forum, for certain topics of discussion.

All you need to do, before posting a new thread, is go through the various sections of the forum and READ the descriptions underneath of what should be posted there, and TRY and ensure that you've posted your thread in the right place.

Sometimes it's obvious where stuff should go (for example ALL cable discussions go into The Artist's Palette), so none should be appearing in Blank Canvas, nor should discussions about music streaming be posted anywhere other than in Digital Expressions, and there are other examples of where it's obvious where things should go. However, sometimes it's less obvious, and that's where you should just use your best judgement/common sense as to where you *think* they belong.

If you've got it wrong, then a mod or member of admin will move the thread to the right place later, but we want to see members using their judgement and not being lazy. It's simply about at least trying to get it right to start with, rather than just automatically piling stuff into Blank Canvas, through sheer laziness. Applying a little bit of thought and effort goes a long way!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deano.

Brother I totally understand where your coming from, but... Seriously how would a new guy know that cable discussions should be posted in artist palette, I know there are a lot of people probably posting from phones and the sub forum headings are a little confusing for new guys, especially guys with no prior audiophile knowledge

Yo Deano,

Point taken, but it's simply a matter of taking the time necessary to become familiar with the layout of the forum, reading the sub-headings, and doing your best to get it right, in terms of where threads should go, rather than just simply steaming in and making no effort at all, in that respect.

A great deal of effort, by us, was put into structuring the forum the way it is, for ease of reference to certain subjects, rather than how it often is on other forums, with everything shoved into 'audio', or whatever, so we'd appreciate it if members took a little time to use the forum as it was intended to be used.

To answer your point:

The Artist's Palette

All cable/equipment support discussion. Also mains accessories or anything which relates to the 'infrastructure' of your audio system. Info on tubes and headphones (inc. headphone amps and systems) should also be discussed here.
    See text in blue. I'm struggling to see how we could make that any more obvious, even for a newbie, presuming one makes an effort to read the sub-headings in the first place...?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm struggling to see how we could make it any more obvious, presuming one makes an effort to read the sub-headings in the first place...
    About 10% of the population is assumed to be dyslexic. So there is a great possibility that many forum members are having problems with reading the sub-headings.

Well, that's fine, Stan. Then they have a valid excuse... Others here don't!

I'm quite sure that your customers and you appreciate having a dedicated sub-forum for discussions on Beresford products, which would quickly lose its usefulness if everyone started posting Beresford threads in Blank Canvas.....

Respect the the forum's layout and structure, and do your best to HELP maintain it, is what we're saying

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    About 10% of the population is assumed to be dyslexic. So there is a great possibility that many forum members are having problems with reading the sub-headings.
    Can we use photos instead of subheadings? Like a still-life style arrangement of things appropriate to each sub forum..

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Because it's styling is obviously from another era?
    Yep!

If it looks old fashioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    Can we use photos instead of subheadings? Like a still-life style arrangement of things appropriate to each sub forum..
    Lol - do you have an aversion to reading simple words?

I'm not sure if the software will support that, and moreover, whether we'd have the time to implement it - or even whether it would look good. Some folks just seem to want it as easy as possible for them, by putting MORE work and burden on us...!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Lazy sods... Hey if i can manage it you can im sure..... Lie mode off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast