+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B250-S amp. in need of attention

I'm Michael.

Default B250-S amp. in need of attention

I wonder if you could help please?

I have a Revox B250-s amplifier, which audio wise is fine,but it has developed a switch on thump!

The thump is only on the LH channel. The volume controls are incremental keys, and the thump occurs when the volume goes past a certain level and occurs again when the volume is reduced.

If I make sure the speakers are switched out when the amp is switched on, I then increase the volume just below the level where the thump occurs, unfortunately, this volume level is below my normal listening level.

Can anyone recommend a service engineer please? I am in the Birmingham area and I am aware of the two Revox UK service agents.

Mike

My first thought is that it is a DC offset problem on one channel.
    I have had a look at the service manual at http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_lib...vox/b250.shtml and can only see an adjustment for the quiescent current. But a measurement of the DC offset voltage would quickly give an indication if it is an offset voltage problem or not.

I'm Michael.

Default DC Voltage

There isn't any DC volts present on the speaker terminals.

I'm Alan.

I'm willing to take a look at it Michael if you bring it round. Just north of Dudley so not far from you.

I'm Michael.

Thanks

I have at long last made contact with my usual service engineer, who is going to have a look at it next week.
    Thanks again. Perhaps you could email me you contact dtails sometime?

+ Reply to Thread