+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommend a rack/stand/furniture for my kit.

I'm Loz.

Default Recommend a rack/stand/furniture for my kit.

Can anyone please recommend a HiFi stand or furniture for my set up?

At present I have it on an IKEA piece of furniture. Not certain which one. It's sturdy enough but is not aesthetically pleasing. I still have my two tier Hi Fi Racks Oak stand but that is too low for me now. I'm less keen on dedicated Hi Fi stands and glass doesn't fit in with my wife's (and probably mine) taste anyway. So unless the rack is glass less i would prefer actual furniture.

It would need to house the CD player, Pi box and external Drive, Amp and TT. The TT is the largest component measuring W49cm x D40cm. There is 93cm width space to fit any stand into. I have been searching around quite a bit but obviously some of you may have some ideas. Everything considered.

Cheers folks

Loz

P.s. Dear Mods. Just realised I probably posted in the wrong section. I guess it should be in Artist's Palette. Please feel free to move.
    BW
    Loz

I'm Jason.

Longer legs or another tier for the HiFi Racks one? They do look very nice in an unobtrusive way. Maybe one of their matching wall shelves for the TT?
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Loz.

Good shout Jason. Sometimes one can be oblivious to the simple solutions. Will look into that. Thanks

I'm Jason.

I know they do different height legs - I'm sure if you spoke to them they might come up with a solution. As to the shelf, Marco has one and I think he thinks highly of it...

Link to thread
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Loz.

They do indeed. Looked on their website and it's entirely possible to make some small changes to get what I need. Nice people to deal with too. The shelf looks great but it's looking increasingly likely that we will be leaving London so putting more holes in the walls of our rented house is not a good idea just now. One for the future though.

I'm Robin.

+1 for hifi racks. Good quality and fair prices.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Steve.

Usher racks are the best i have ever used. Highly recommended if you can find a set. They are as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

+ Reply to Thread