+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Shooting

I'm Geoff.

I'm not familiar with the modern stuff at all. Back in the day CO2 propelled weapons were FAC only. I'm unlikely to buy anything these days, but might be tempted if I spot a vintage Crosman or Benjamin pistol though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nick.

Another shooter here. My main thing is smallbore rifle but I occasionally dabble with 10m air pistol. I have an old Walther.

I'm Geoff.

I did a fair bit of shooting at ranges many years ago using all sorts of firearms of many calibres. I'm a twice qualified military marksman, but have never been in the forces. Work that one out!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Nice looking pistols Shaun and 600fps is good going from a springer pistol!
    550/600fps is an absolute doddle for a springer pistol but almost impossible for a CO2 pistol. The HW45 Black Star frequently goes through the chrony at almost 600fps. The Beretta just manages 400fps.

I'm Martin.

Here's a target from when I last did some shooting with proper weapons (done a little with air-rifles since) This was with a Beretta M9 pistol, target at the maximum distance.

The misses are from when I got bored and started shooting gangster style. They gave me 40 rounds! What was I supposed to do?

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Do you holiday abroad Shaun? Plenty of opportunities for some real firearm pistol shooting if you do, depending on where you go.

I had the pleasure of being invited to a 'last fling' session at a big indoor range with some decent handguns, the week before the ban came in for the UK. I got the use of a really nice Ruger 357 magnum revolver, .22 Beretta auto, 9mm Beretta auto, S&W 38 revolver and also my favourite, a Walther PPK 765, lovely little auto. The guns were all shipped off to a holiday home in Portugal, rather than being turned in for destruction.

I'm Mike.

Why are they using images of Marco? I hope he was on commission

I'm Shaun.

Geoff, I used to shoot all kinds of handguns before the ban came in at a quarry local to me here in Lincolnshire. I think the best thing I ever shot was a S&W revolver with a four inch barrel. I have also shot numerous shotguns as well.

These days I cannot own a 'real' gun due to suffering from depression many years ago. I overcome this by owning the most powerful air pistol I can and shooting at paper targets to improve my aim. My other half Sue also shoots air pistols and frequently uses the Umarex Beretta.

I'm Shaun.

I'd like to add if I may that I do not shoot rifles or shotguns as I prefer the more difficult task of shooting pistols, especially pistols with a bloody great 'kick' as the damn thing goes off. At some point in the future I am aiming (geddit) to buy Sue an Umarex Walther CP99 because it is very light and as Sue broke her back in 2010 but made a full recovery, I think she needs something weighing less than a kilo to be able to throw it around a bit easier.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Why are they using images of Marco? I hope he was on commission
    Nice one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast