+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruark Talisman Speakers

I'm Brian.

Default Ruark Talisman Speakers

Hello,
    I might have a chance to buy Ruark Talisman speakers can't hear them playing as the guy has nothing to play them through. They are cheap though. I reckon under 150 quid. They are the first ones I think as I can't see any 'mark' II orIII etc. The guys has had them for several years.

There's also a audiolab 8000p and 8000q maybe coming up. Any good?

Cheers
    Gadgie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good speakers Ruarks. I'd say go for it.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Michael.

£79.95 on eBay now buy it now price black hardly used

I'm Brian.

Ok thanks

I'm Rich.

I always regret selling my talisman 2 speakers when I was skint and needed beer money...

Lovely speakers... Even makes me nostalgic for my a400 which was, with hindsight, rough as the proverbial badgers lol
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Jason.

Ruarks are great speakers. Had the Talismans briefly - beautifully made, very nice detailed presentation without any harshness. Worth a punt IMHO.
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Steve.

It's a no brainer! snap them up whilst you have the chance. One of the best speakers in their class. They simply play music and are very well built and Engineered. I would think at that price they will be Mk1 or II. If they are Mk II's don't let them get away at that price. The Mk I's sound a little dull in comparison.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    It's a no brainer! snap them up whilst you have the chance. One of the best speakers in their class. They simply play music and are very well built and Engineered. I would think at that price they will be Mk1 or II. If they are Mk II's don't let them get away at that price. The Mk I's sound a little dull in comparison.
    They are still for sale at £79.95 owner buying a sonos

I'm Gone.

Ruarks, yes without a doubt, as for the second part of the question, Audiolab are bland, the may well be built in Blandsville a suburb of Dull City near Little Boring.......

I'm Steve.

I have to agree with Paul, the best amps I ever used with Talisman's were Exposure.

+ Reply to Thread