+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ortofon 2m black or Cadenza black

I'm Deano.

Default Ortofon 2m black or Cadenza black

Hi guys I've finally decide to go for a new cartridge I was recommended by AoS members awhile ago the nagaoka mp300 but in all honesty I am a fan of ortofon and would like to stick with this manufacturer, so I need help with choosing an ortofon black,

Arm is SME series iii
    And deck is Thorens TD125 MKII

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Deano

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    Hi guys I've finally decide to go for a new cartridge I was recommended by AoS members awhile ago the nagaoka mp300 but in all honesty I am a fan of ortofon and would like to stick with this manufacturer, so I need help with choosing an ortofon black,

Arm is SME series iii
    And deck is Thorens TD125 MKII

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Deano
    The 2M at around £450 is lots less than the £1750 (can be had cheaper) the Cadenza tends to go for so depends on how much you have and your system. As a proud 2M Black owner I can say it is a fantastic cart IME. I and others have found it a right pain / fussy to set up / find it's 'right' spot but when you do it is fab in an more 'accurate' and 'honest' sense which I love rather than the romantic, fruity, colored or overtly ballsy flavour some favour. As such if I had the money the Cadenza Black is the only other cart at the mo that I would have my eye on, simply because I believe it gives more of the same great things I love about the 2M Black, sharing the same quality Shibata stylus profile. Over to you

I'm Deano.

Thanks brother I have been keen on the blacks for sometime and are very interested in the 2m black, BUT, I don't want to hastily buy the 2m black and then want an upgrade 6 months down the line, my thinking is if I wait and go for the Cadenza black (funds pending) then I'm basically set for the next 10years, and no need to upgrade 😀

I'm Andrew.

Cadenza black - But then again I'm biased. Best cart I ever heard, extremely analytical and very detailed, just make sure that's the sound you want.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    Thanks brother I have been keen on the blacks for sometime and are very interested in the 2m black, BUT, I don't want to hastily buy the 2m black and then want an upgrade 6 months down the line, my thinking is if I wait and go for the Cadenza black (funds pending) then I'm basically set for the next 10years, and no need to upgrade ��
    Good thinking Deano, particularly if you believe you'll be able to attain the funds and like the Ortofon's which you do. I've not had or Cadenza Black but all I've read makes me want one one day, especially after my experience with it's younger sibling the 2M Black - All the best either way.

I'm Neal.

Having used a KontraB on a SME s3 in the past I would say you are not going to realise anywhere near the full potential of the Candenza Black. IMHO you will be wasting your money, I feel you would be better off with the 2M and paying attention to the loading and setup. You do not mention what phono stage you have, that also may have a limiting affect as well.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Kevin.

How about a quintet black?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Deano.

Phono is choice of three actually I have as below

Rotel RQ970bx
    Tricorn Dino
    Graham Slee

Tricord is new just bought of a friend and is mk2 version

Hope this helps with with advice

I'm Deano.

Yes sorry I forgot to put the quintet in the equation how's the quintet with series 3

I'm Kevin.

What model is the Graham Slee?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast