+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vantage Audio

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Disgraceful behaviour this, as is the fact this matter is still not resolved. I can't stand folk who hide, rip folk off and don't honour their commitments - no matter their personal circumstances there is NO excuse for it!!

I wish you all the best, Brian, in obtaining what is legally yours and getting Vantage Audio to cough up accordingly. If I can help in any way in hunting down these dishonest, morally bereft scumbags, please let me know.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Brian.

Marco,

Thanks for that.

I would be grateful if anyone who knows the truth about the overall situation at what was Vantage Audio or Richard Peachey would let me know, either through a reply here or PM.
    It is known that he still had a VERY valuable Trio DD from a guy in the Far East and another from Cheshire. It is such a shame as Richard seemed a very nice and decent guy when I met him some years ago.
    The fact that not only does he have a TT which I wanted to enjoy for a few years, but that he also had £300.00 generally on a/c makes the matter really stink. I am 75 in a few months and have a new slate plinth for the unit...that cost a lot as well!!!

I'm Deano.

Do you have a picture of richard

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

I'm Mikkel.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    Do you have a picture of richard

http://twitpic.com/hcbdz

I'm Brian.

If that is a picture of Richard then it is a very old picture...

Edit:

Just opened the link and pic is from the time I met him...he was totally different, heavier and older looking!

I'm Simon.

I posted his address in the old thread, not sure if its still there. Don't fuck about, go and collect your stuff in person.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deano.

Yes go and knock on his door and if need be take the police with you, i cant tollerate fooking thieves

I'm Mike.

Just a word of advice before going to the Police, make sure you can prove that he has or has had your goods, or that you entered into a contract with him, receipts, photos etc. As unfortunately your word won't be enough, even if you can show that you have passed money to him, without some sort of receipt or evidence of a contract the Police can't do very much, to be honest the best people to speak to in the 1st instance would be Trading Standards.

i've not personally had dealings with this company, but something like this has happened to me in the past.

Good Luck

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Brian.

Thanks...I have that address; two unacknowledged letters/one failed delivery 'Signed For'!!

I have adequate 'proof', and the other antics reported here and elsewhere add evidence by example. Any form of doorstep confrontation can end with the pursuer having more troubles than he started with...anyway:

eMails have been returned as undeliverable

I am 74, have a reasonably serious heart condition, live the length of England from there (800 mile round trip) and have no guarantee - if I were to travel down - that he is/would be there or that he still holds the goods involved. [For all I know he is dead/hospitalised/on the run/living elsewhere/etc etc. The outlay for, say, a three day trip would be substantial - without ANY certitude that I would be successful in making any contact, let alone get my goods back

In the earlier thread a couple of people tried to act as placaters and failed. They - I am confident - know more than they have let on and could possibly have been more helpful when all they did was buy him a little more time to everyone else's disadvantage. Perhaps they could now at least confirm that he still exists and has not moved residence. Go to lawyers and then to court and he will be found guilty (probably due to non-appearance) and then with Court Order in hand I am back where I started! To go the full hog means another appearance plus getting offered five bob a week recompense. The only legal route is to involve the police by asking for a prosecution on the basis of taking £300.00 on false pretences....I can't see them obliging; can you? After all it is, in essence, a civil matter

As I have said, I did have success in talking with the son on one occasion; he made all of the same promises...and now does not answer his phone.

I'm Brian.

Thank you for you concern and advice @JakHawke & @British High Fidelity: am I right in thinking that a guy from your part of the world also had great difficulty with this man? Did he get his very valuable TT returned?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast