+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michielius' setup

I'm Michiel.

Default Michielius' setup

Hi all,

Two days ago I joined AOS, so I thought it would be about time to share some pictures of my current set-up. It may be a modest system compared to some of yours, but I'm quite happy with it and it sounds pretty good to my ears

BTW: don't worry, the cupboard may be an cheapish IKEA one, but serves quite well. I left the backside panel out, so the amp gets enough air for cooling. I also reinforced the backside with an metal X construction to prevent sideward movements, so it's quite sturdy.
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Cartridge Audio Technica AT33PTG II
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Ampification Accuphase E-205
    Speakers Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm Geoff.

It looks very smart Michiel.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Michiel.

Thanks! I tried to keep some balance between having a nice system and the looks of the whole set-up. Because it's situated in the living room of a small apartment, I like to keep it sleek and neat. It also improves the WAF and keeps the wife happy
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm Eugenio.

Very nice setup.
    And congrats for your SL 1210 :-)
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm gary.

Nice setup Michel. What are your speakers ? Are they granite slabs the spkrs are standing on ?
    gweat, weally gweat

I'm Andrew.

Looking good man, particularly liking the Sony.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nothing wrong with using Ikea furniture, it does a good job.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Michiel.

Thanks all!

Speakers are Dali Ikon 6 Hobo Hifi Special Edition. These were only available in The Netherlands at Hobo Hifi (a Dutch large audio dealer) who sometimes makes deals with audio manufacturers to sell improved versions of their product at the price of the standard item. In this case there's an improved filter with way better components than the one in the standard version. A good deal and on top of that a better sound. The overall sound (but especially the highs) is more smooth, tight and detailed and they also produce a better soundstage than the original Ikon 6. There's an old review here, but it's in Dutch: [URL]http://www.hifi.nl/artikel/3875/Hobo-Hifi-Special-Edition-Dali-Ikon-2-en-6-luidsprekers.html[\URL]

I'm not sure whether the slabs underneath the speakers and subwoofer are granite, but in any case it's natural stone and they sure are heavy and do their job properly
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Sub REL Strata II

I'm Mike.

Very nice looking rig Michiel.

WAF is often the most important component of any system
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Martin.

Looks like a well thought out set up. I like the looks of the Accuphase amp and you are using the same CD/SACD player as I am - good choice!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread