+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats you top three Fav Vintage recievers?

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Thats nice looking...no doubt dear on the bay.

Must admit I have always been a separates man...but would consider something like that now. However it would be less than accurate to say the UK has not embraced the Receiver as many homes have AV Receivers.

Regards D S D L
    I see your point Neil, but I don't think Andre was expecting any of us to give him a list of AV receivers in reply to his post.

AV receivers are probably viewed by the UK average (stereo) hi-fi nut in the same way as stereo receivers were viewed back when the US, Japan & Europe were treating them as seriously as seperates.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I see your point Neil, but I don't think Andre was expecting any of us to give him a list of AV receivers in reply to his post.

AV receivers are probably viewed by the UK average (stereo) hi-fi nut in the same way as stereo receivers were viewed back when the US, Japan & Europe were treating them as seriously as seperates.
    I agree, on 2 channel nearly all of them are IMHO crap...AV Receivers that is. I have never heard a good mid 70's Jap or American Receiver...in saying that I have never heard a bad one either...as i have never heard one...except for a Marantz one that sold for £250 a few years ago (can't remember the model) it was okay but not great.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm gone.

I just lurv the look of most of these vintage receivers - and one of my plans for the next financial year is to get one or two - not to use, just to look at!

I'm gone.

Cool

Oh My Gosh .... look at this humungous Rotel 1603 receiver on eBay at the moment ... 33Kg ... 180wpc ...

I have one of them, in pieces. A mentally challenged relative damaged it in the 80's and I have never managed to get it up and running again. Some bits are now in a landfill somewhere. Lovely sound and the best receiver ever built IMHO. But when they go faulty, they are near impossible to fix.
    I have the service manual somewhere, so if anyone on AoS buys it just let me know if you need servicing info.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The last one on ebay went for £385 - I wanted to bid but too steep for something I don't need, but my god, what a sexy looking piece of kit - look at the meters on that!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shane.

Has to be a Yamaha for me, preferably a CR1000 circa 1975. Not because they sounded wonderful, cos they didn't, but you will never find a piece of hifi anywhere whose controls feel anywhere close to the silkiness of these things. Definitely the nicest feeling hifi ever made.

I'm notAlone.

I like Yamaha too. From the early 80s rather. Don't know whether they're considered "vintage" enough, though.

Here's a CR-2040 (click to enlarge)
    Last edited by Themis; 23-10-2009 at 21:06.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    I like Yamaha too. From the early 80s rather. Don't know whether they're considered "vintage" enough, though.

Here's a CR-2040 (click to enlarge)
    Demitri that reciever was late 70's, jap models last as long as you getting up in a morning to going to bed

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Demitri that reciever was late 70's, jap models last as long as you getting up in a morning to going to bed
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast