+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amp Question: audio analogue puccini se

I'm Brian.

Default Amp Question: audio analogue puccini se

Hi,
    I've been offered a audio analogue puccini SE.
    I've not heard it wired up, but told it's in perfect working order.
    Are they any good, and any idea on that price I should be looking at paying for it?
    Cheers
    B

I'm Grant.

Used to own one in my second system. Lovely amp, well built and typical Italian style. If the price is right for you, then you could do much worse.... I would guess under 200 these days. Think mine was about 250 but that was a few years ago.(presie for stopping smoking)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Typical Italian sound - warm and mellow. Nice amp at the right price.

I'm Attila.

a batch from the 2nd series SEs was, at least, mis-designed having the rectifier diodes running at the edge of their specification in the PSU causing, mainly when driven hard(ish, I would say) the amp to fail, ocassionally even burn. do check (via the vents) if there's a dedicated heat sink in the amp or the O/P trannies are bolted right down to the chassis - the latter's the earlier, original SE design, the one you may be happy with without the above risk. otherwise, as the others say, it has a warm-ish, to me a bit lush-y, sound - to decide if you like it or not you should hear it for yourself
    Attila

save the trees - eat beavers

I'm Martin.

Much loved by Hi-fi World magazine back in the 'Nineties.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Which speakers would you be partnering it with?

I'm Nick.

I have one of these and would agree with most other comments it would be on the warmer, to me more musical, spectrum of sound. I really like it, especially as has the option of either mm or mc phono input (adjusted by moving a couple of switches within the amp). No headphone socket, good speaker connections, bi-wireable if that is your thing. I have partnered with Audio Analogue's Paganini CD player (which in my view is superb) and Monitor Audio RX1's which works quite well to my ears.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    a batch from the 2nd series SEs was, at least, mis-designed having the rectifier diodes running at the edge of their specification in the PSU causing, mainly when driven hard(ish, I would say) the amp to fail, ocassionally even burn. do check (via the vents) if there's a dedicated heat sink in the amp or the O/P trannies are bolted right down to the chassis - the latter's the earlier, original SE design, the one you may be happy with without the above risk. otherwise, as the others say, it has a warm-ish, to me a bit lush-y, sound - to decide if you like it or not you should hear it for yourself
    I recall that, it affected the power amplifiers too as I recall.

Other than that nice amp if at the right price which to my mind would be sub £200 so £170ish.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I enjoyed mine immensely and not sure why i sold it tbh...it was very nice with opera and country n western. ..... Or so i was ..er told
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread