+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations (??) on your promotion

I'm Ralph.

Another vote for AdblockPlus

I'm ChrisB.

Well, I swear some fella posted a new thread about this subject late last night/early this morning & I swear DSJR replied to it this morning.

• Am I too thick to find it?
    • Did I dream it all?
    • Or has it been lost somehow?
    • Or......has it been removed because the little tinker who posted it contavened some sort of protocol/rule/law or part of the forum Ethos that wasn't there yesterday?

If it's the latter, then I expect that said little tinker would've liked to have been informed of the reason for the action - especially as that particular tinker was trying to do some good for the site owners (or so I heard).

.........good manners 'n' all that, y'know?

I'm notAlone.

Delete him. He used the word tinker three times.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Chris,

There's an explanation next to the deletion on the Abstract Chat thread index

Also, Steve should've sent you a PM to explain the situation properly. Has he not done this?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Marco,
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Chris,

There's an explanation next to the deletion on the Abstract Chat thread index
    Whezzat den? Can't find it.

Also, Steve should've sent you a PM to explain the situation properly. Has he not done this?
    Nope!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Scroll down to your old thread 'Support Your Local Hi-Fi Forum', listed in the Abstract Chat index here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

...where you will find this:

Thread deleted by Steve Toy
    Reason: Any sudden increase in clicking activity or even the existence of this thread could see our google account suspended

He should've also sent you a follow-up PM, so I'll boot his botty for you

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

We dont see that Marco, members cant see all the secret stuff that Administrators and moderators can see .

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Scroll down to your old thread 'Support Your Local Hi-Fi Forum', listed in the Abstract Chat index here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
    I clicked your link & got the same list of threads I got when I looked myself earlier - no thread called 'Support your local.......'

Therefore, no sign of:

Thread deleted by Steve Toy
    Reason: Any sudden increase in clicking activity or even the existence of this thread could see our google account suspended
    Once threads have been deleted we riff-raff don't see them - only mod/admin folk, no?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

There was a link to a UK supplier of little rubber-gel feet for a very reasonable sum -

www.audioserenity.co.uk.

Looks good and reasonable prices for them IMO..

I wouldn't have noticed it had I not had a gentle nudge.. So there!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

Ok Marco, Steve & those others to whom it was of concern.
    I now understand.
    Sincere and public apologies for placing your opportunity in jeopardy.

I discussed this with Nick last night, although come to think of it, I never got a reply to my last PM, so he may not have read it before I posted the thread. As I never got a 'No, no, for gawd's sake don't do that', I assumed it would be OK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast