+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations (??) on your promotion

I'm ChrisB.

Default Congratulations (??) on your promotion

Er,
    Is it just me, or are we now being advertised at?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Chris,

Yes, we've just introduced Google ads to the site - helps pay the bills

Do the ads look ok on your screen, in terms of being centred properly underneath the banner?

Depending on what monitor you're using, they may be centred properly, or over to the left or right of the banner.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm notAlone.

Sorry, I've Adblock installed...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Chris,

Yes, we've just introduced Google ads to the site - helps pay the bills

Do the ads look ok on your screen, in terms of being centred properly underneath the banner?

Depending on what monitor you're using, they may be centred properly, or over to the left or right of the banner.

Marco.
    Yes, They're placed just as Mr Google would like them to be, I'm sure.
    I'm not going to even begin to mention what it does to the content below the banner, but you know that, I'm sure!!!!!

Scroll, baby, scroll!!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Greg.

Yep, scroll baby scroll and certainly they'd look far better at the bottom of the page as on audio talk compared to this. I don't like it but it's not my money so I have no right to say anything further.

I'm Nick.

You can always get into the habit of using the 'last unread post' buttons next to any threads with unread posts in them (the blue squares in the picture below, next to the thread title) - clicking that takes you straight to your last unread post in any thread. A lot better than going to the end of the thread and working back.

Then you only have to scroll when you hit the mainpage or 'new posts'.

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Point noted, Greg - and I can see where you're coming from

Thing is, they have to be prominently positioned so that people are more inclined to click on the ads (this is how we make money), therefore they have to go at the top of the page!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm ChrisB.

Oh my God!!
    Now it's trying to sell me a bleedin' Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy T-shirt!!

Google thinks AoS is a site devoted to Zappa!!
    That Google Spider's seen 'The Grand Wazoo' written thousands of times on here & it's come back to spank me, the little tinker!

(I hate adverts!)
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 20-10-2009 at 23:36. Reason: I said Fank when Mr & Mrs Zappa christened him Frank...so I sorted it (I still hate adverts)

No google probs here. Didn't even know about them snooping on AoS until I read this post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast