+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Copper Speaker Cable

I'm Geoff.

I prefer 'Z' plugs. As used by Nordost on their speaker cables.

The slit tube construction is springy and gives a good contact area and snug fit without being too tight.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if your prepared to make it up then this stuff is superb. Not cheap, once you double, double it up but its the best Ive tried.
    Double, double ? So make four ends into one ?

I'm confused

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if your prepared to make it up then this stuff is superb. Not cheap, once you double, double it up but its the best Ive tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Double, double ? So make four ends into one ?

I'm confused
    OK First off I agree with Grant this stuff is amazing, Silversound used it in their speaker cable and with the correct construction, it is, in my opinion, about the best non pure siver cable around. As for constuction, each cable should have 4 strands two + and two -, then twist them together in a star quad arrangement with 2 1/2 twists per metre. As per Geoff's post, I prefer the z plugs and got some good gold plated copper from the Compass Audio guy via FleaBay. Silversounds used to wrap the cable with PTFE tape, I use plastic braiding and heat shink.

Bigman80 Guest

Ah ok. I might give that a go

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12