Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
Here is my rack made from Lack tables:

20180403_113525.jpg

20180403_113620.jpg

Back when I made this (around 2014) the legs were hollow except for a solid block near the screw end. The tables are hollow except for each corner there is a solid block of chipboard/mdf. I intially just had them sitting atop each other with blu-tac but decided to go all out and use spikes which have adjustments. I'm now able to level each tier independantly. To add strength I ordered some solid hardwood blocks, cut to fit inside the hollow legs. These were a slight tight fit (could have done with being .5mil smaller!) but I also squirted tons of gorilla pva glue inside. I also drilled countersunk holes for the spike shoes to sit inside each corner.

I've a lot of weight on it (amps are 13kg each, turntable must be at least 15kg with the added plinth). No problems so far and it's been standing fine ever since I built it. Not sure how the weight is distributed but I would guess at the 4 corners mainly, hence why I made sure the legs are now solid wood (albeit with a cheap paper/board exterior finish ).

If you haven't access to a circular saw, try a mitre saw as that is what I used to saw in a straight line.
Simon

Looking to replicate this for my own system, but how did you position the spikes and shoes accurately?