View Poll Results: How do you rate this album?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

0 0%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

0 0%
  • 5/10

0 0%
  • 6/10

1 8.33%
  • 7/10

3 25.00%
  • 8/10

4 33.33%
  • 9/10

3 25.00%
  • 10/10

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club, January 2016: Jackie Leven - 'Creatures of Light and Darkness'

I'm Barry.

I knew the name thats it , on my second listen , very interesting.

I'm Mike.

This was really to my liking!
    Thanks to Jason P i now have a new entry in my personal "hall of fame"!

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    This was really to my liking!
    Thanks to Jason P i now have a new entry in my personal "hall of fame"!
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Nigel.

Thanks for picking this album Jason, not an artist I was aware of tbh but must admit that I like this album (streamed from Tidal) and will be looking at his other works.
    9 out of 10 from me, an eye opener.

Nigel

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Thanks for picking this album Jason, not an artist I was aware of tbh but must admit that I like this album (streamed from Tidal) and will be looking at his other works.
    9 out of 10 from me, an eye opener.

Nigel
    Hi Nigel, Tim here (bought your Michell arm), look into his other work, he really is a rare talent and knowing what you like from our brief meeting, he's right up your street I reckon

Jason picked a winner
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Nigel, Tim here (bought your Michell arm), look into his other work, he really is a rare talent and knowing what you like from our brief meeting, he's right up your street I reckon

Jason picked a winner
    Hi Tim,

Hope you are keeping well, yes, I have been listening to his albums most of the night, shame that I didn't pick up on his music earlier, can't believe that I missed someone this good.

Nigel

I'm Jostein.

This is an album that really grows on you, especially the lyrics. A beautiful song from another classic album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhI1uXNFfCc
    Last edited by jostber; 10-01-2016 at 21:54.
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Grant.

I forgot to vote A strong 9/10 from me.. enjoyed revisiting . must get myself an album
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I gave it a 7 after one listening, but then spent the rest of the afternoon listening to this again and some of his other albums. Thanks for putting this forward, a solid 8 possibly a 9
    Mike

My kit

Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA – 750L, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, Graham Slee Reflex C with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Audio-Technica AT33EV, Audio Technica AT33 Mono, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - Kef LS S0, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

I'm Sean.

I thought it was ok, no more than that, a 7/10 from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast