+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Phono Stage?

I'm Phil.

Default Which Phono Stage?

Hi Guys,
    I have been using a Denon UD M30 CD Micro System with Monitor Audio Bronze B2 speakers for a few years but now want to get back into vinyl. I have spent the last six months buying the LP's of my youth. The first one I bought was Dark Side Of The Moon, it's funny how things go full circle, I remember buying this LP when I was about 14 in 1976, then a few years later bought the cassette and then the CD and now I'm back with the big, beautiful piece of vinyl again . I now have about 25 LP's but nothing to spin them on so when I saw a mint Rega P3-24 with TT PSU in my local dealer, Cymbiosis, I took a drive down and bought it. It has the stock RB301 arm with the Rega Bias cartridge. So now I need a phono stage to connect to my Denon, I have a budget of about £250, what would you guys recommend? I hope to upgrade to an Arcam FMJ 19 or the FMJ 29 but it will take me a while to save up for that.

I'm Kevin.

A Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE - if you join his forum, you can take advantage of the home loan scheme to see if it is right for you.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Schiit Mani or the emotiva xps1. dont let the small price confuse you; they are both excellent with the emotiva being the best
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

You won't get better than one of my Arkless 640P at the price.

I'm guy.

I used an Edwards Audio "Apprentice" for a while - should match your player well and added benefit of leaving you with £160 to buy more vinyl

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edwards-Audi...ct_top?ie=UTF8

As and when funds allow/if you feel the need; try an NVA Phono 1 £260

or Phono 2 £490 (single power supply) - What I now use

Upgrade later to Phono 2 twin power supply - extra £200

What is nice about NVA other than "sound per pound" (rather vulgar phrase, but sums it up nicely!), are the options to try before you buy, trade in as you go "up" the range and ability to follow a route through the range for reasonable investment.

I have no financial connection to NVA, just speaking as a satisfied customer.

All the best with your system. Guy.

I'm Phil.

Cool

Thanks guys, plenty to think about and have a look at there.

+ Reply to Thread