+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for cartridge alignment please folks

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I think any Fine Line stylus though needs very carefull setup, that's what I've found so far certainly with the AT33PTG I'm using....
    My ZYXs and Goldring Eroica LX don't cause me any set up bother and they're line contact carts. The only thing I pay a little more attention to is the VTA.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandPink View Post
    Well I have no explanation for why you got completely different results to me, but the problems you describe are exactly the ones I found to be 'fixed' by the Allen Wright( 's mate in Australia ) system. This was with a Mayware formula IV and Denon 103R . One significant thing I noticed was the antiskate setting was a lot lower.
    I am glad it worked for you although the high distortion numbers on that alignment are over the top when compared to any of the big 3 alignments.

The problems may well have originated as a result of sticking a 103R on an ultra low mass (4.5 gram!) unipivot tonearm. It is a bit of an oddball combination.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    The problems may well have originated as a result of sticking a 103R on an ultra low mass (4.5 gram!) unipivot tonearm. It is a bit of an oddball combination.
    Assuming the fluid damping was used correctly, the low mass of the Mayware should not be an issue with lowish compliance MCs. My low mass Mission 774 offers similar and sounds superb with every lower compliance MC (and Decca) I've tried.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    I'm ahead of you on this one ! - the Mayware is somewhat modified with ~10g lead headshell weighting and an extra counterweight . Agreed 103R would work quite poorly with the standard arm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123