+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inspire Hifi Quest

It looks like it has the right connections but done appallingly badly to me.

Reminds me of Eric Morecombe to Andre Previn - They are all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I bet that lot sounds very good.
    I'm a big fan of Celestion speakers - marvellous "BBC midrange" that just makes music and voice sound right. And those old NAD amps are quite surprisingly good.
    I hope you get the tt buzz sorted - damn annoying, I know.
    They are actually very good. I got the celestions on a whim because they were close enough to collect. They sound REALLY nice. The NAD amp cost me £30 so at that price it's unbeatable value. I'd love to get a power amp to help it drive the speakers though.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    It looks like it has the right connections but done appallingly badly to me.

Reminds me of Eric Morecombe to Andre Previn - They are all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.
    Lol. Love that sketch.

I've had little to no success finding a wiring guide for it. So I'm a bit stuck.

Pleased to say it wasn't me who made such a mess of it. I can't solder and wouldn't have my first attempt on my TT !!

I'm Andrew.

I suspect it may be a dry joint given the state of those joins. If you've someone who can solder they can redo that lot in minutes.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I suspect it may be a dry joint given the state of those joins. If you've someone who can solder they can redo that lot in minutes.
    I'm really hoping it's something simple. I'm going to see Firebottle in a week. We're gonna try the The photo stage Nd TT on his equipment and see if it buzzes on his gear.

Bigman80 Guest

Update :

Went to see Alan (Firebottle) today. Wow. The guy is a genius. I spent the morning drooling over his setup. His Firebottle amps sounded unbelievably good and convinced me I need to own them too !!! Lol

Alan resolved my TT issue without breaking a sweat.

Furthermore, didn't want any money for his effort.

What an absolute gent. I urge anyone thinking of buying an amp to audition the kit Alan makes.

I'm saving from now to get some for myself haha.

Thanks Alan. It's really appreciated.

Oliver

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12