+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Supreme Sound Audio discrete Op-amp upgrade

I'm Martin.

Hi Charles, are you able to give any circuit diagram advice ?
    I fitted a V5 op amp to an integrated amp last year (after reducing the rail voltages to +/- 15v)
    I've just picked up an old rotel pre , with the hope of trying the V6's, there are three opamps inside (one in the tone circuit) but I'm not sure if only one, or both of the others are worth changing ?
    Thanks mart

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Metlor View Post
    Hi Charles, are you able to give any circuit diagram advice ?
    I fitted a V5 op amp to an integrated amp last year (after reducing the rail voltages to +/- 15v)
    I've just picked up an old rotel pre , with the hope of trying the V6's, there are three opamps inside (one in the tone circuit) but I'm not sure if only one, or both of the others are worth changing ?
    Thanks mart
    I found v5 ran too hot when at +/-15vdc, that is the absolute max on the spec. Much happier at +/-13vdc. If I remember correctly, they ran 30deg C at +/-13 and 50degC at +/-15. That was in a case with the lid off out in the open. In a closed box between two shelves they would probably be higher still. The v6 have vents at the top so run cooler.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + Ortofon MC20 Supreme / Pro-Ject Phono box & Pre Box RS / KMTech Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / DIY Sealed Three Way Speakers / Stello CDT100 Transport / DAC Magic.

I'm Martin.

I ran the V5 at 18v for a coupl of hours before I read the spec sheet, I thought it sounded pretty good :-).

The 'new' pre is a rotel rc 972, I think the rails are 14v,
    one opamp runs the eq, but im not sure if both the others are in the signal path ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789