+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Sound Audio discrete Op-amp upgrade

I'm Charles.

Cool Supreme Sound Audio discrete Op-amp upgrade

Hello guys! this is Charles from Supreme Sound Audio, a Burson audio subsidiary. We are an Australian based audio company.

It has been 10 years since we released the first generation of discrete opamp module, today after 5 generations of development the team has released the most beautiful sounding and most polished creation the V5 SS opamp.

Link

Compared to the Gen 4 op-amp which already been called one of the best sounding by many audiophiles around the world, the V5 requires less voltage and current. Which translates to higher level of performance when applied to most audio applications.

We would like to invite fellow DIYer's and Audiophiles to try the new V5 opamp in their projects at no charge.

To apply please take the following steps:

**Please post an external view of your current gear
    **Please post an top down internal photo of your current gear. (see example below)
    **Stocked Op-amp model in the unit.
    **Brand and model of the unit you plan to use.

Round 1:
    We will select a few guys from the thread to send the free sample. (We will also announce selected participants on this thread)

Once all the participants have posted their impressions and project photos, we will have the next rounds. That means, more people will be able to participate and try the new V5.

I'm Rob.

I have a modified Marantz CD63 in which I replaced the dual op-amps with Audio GD discrete op-amps. This was probably about 2 years ago. I had intended to try different ones but never got round to it. Would be happy to try these if I am selected. Will try to get some pics.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Chris.

Default Power off and use an insulated removal tool

Hi
    It would be advisable to advise to power the DAC or player down and leave for 5 mins , and use a proper insulated removal tool
    as the image you show is connecting a non insulated screwdriver that is touching the negative voltage supply, pin 4 of a NE5534
    with close to 15 volts , and likely touching other pins at the same time and shorting that voltage.

Maybe think about supplying a recognised IC removal tool, to your customers.
    For those who choose to use a screwdriver, at least slip some suitable length heat-shrink
    over the metal shaft, thereby insulating.

Cheers / Chris
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 24-12-2015 at 09:53.

I'm Kevin.

Interested in this for a Pioneer PD-S703.
    I believe it is fitted with a pair of RC4558 op amps.

I can post pictures when back at home, after Christmas.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Graeme.

What is the installed height of these? I'd be interested in trying some for my Myst G-Ohm pre amp, but there is limited headroom in the casing.

Thanks.

I'm Mike.

Default Highly interested!

Hi Charles!

I'd be very interested in participating in this experiment.
    As i have a Karan combo of the pre KA L and Power amp KA S180 of the original version i have been in Contact with the European distributor of Karan concerning upgrading the Pre to MkII/MkIII status. That is actually about upgrading four OpAmps to discrete modules by Karan.

I have considered your products as i have read a lot of good feedback on them. And it would also be more economical!

The kit looks like this:

And these are the primary suspects:

They are two Burr Brown OPA2604AP for the primary input buffer(?) and two Burr Brown OPA2134PA for the first gain stage.
    Of course, there are more sockets to be filled but these four are the ones that are replaced with discrete op amps in the KA L Mk III that reputedly sounds noticeably "better".
    This is an overview of the pre:

The are a couple of BB OPA2604AP in the secondary stage too, and then there are four OPA627AP in the balanced output gain stage, but these are calibrated and it would be a little complex to exchange them. However,still very interesting!

If it turns out well, there are a few OP Amps in the KA S180 input stage too;

The details can be seen here:

The OPA's in the poweramp are these:
    3pcs of BB OPA2604AP's per channel or the input stage. Then there are two BB OPA445AP per channel driving the Sanken output trannies, but these are calibrated, like in the KAL.

There's some work to be done here, don't you think?

PS: All the images are clickable for higher rez one's.
    Last edited by AlfaGTV; 24-12-2015 at 11:43. Reason: Clarifying

I'm Charles.

Thanks for the replies and your interest guys,

We realize that some of you are on holidays break, but feel free to post pictures once you have a chance.

I'm attaching a pic with the SS-Opamp dimensions :

Also, thanks for your suggestion Chris.

Best regards
    Charles

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Charles,

Don't forget that you need to populate your new sub-forum, here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...p?105-SS-Audio

...by posting a thread in it, introducing members to your company and its products. Please do this ASAP, as otherwise it looks bad when your 'shop' is lying there empty!

Cheers

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Charles.

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the reminder. It's up now

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, Charles. Much appreciated. It's for your own benefit to use the facility. Good luck!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast