+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technics sb-m300

I'm Ivano.

Default Technics sb-m300

Maybe not master, but the system is complicated and interesting. I bought them because just few yd from my house.
    I was expecting lot of bass, instead at my volume, I like it low, they are pretty balanced. Great soundstage.

Edit. with some clicks you have a real subwoofer bass, I mean really sub-bass and tight, little tricky devices
    Last edited by Wilfred of Ivanhoe; 20-12-2015 at 20:10.

I'm Geoff.

Yes. I've heard about those. Interesting design. Supposed to sound pretty good.

A sort of Japanese equivalent Sonus Faber Electa Amator maybe?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ivano.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. I've heard about those. Interesting design. Supposed to sound pretty good.

A sort of Japanese equivalent Sonus Faber Electa Amator maybe?
    Some similarity, the Sonus have two woofers, one front one rear, Technics have 3 woofers two in front one rear.
    I'm watching a movie with sound effects and they push very well for the dimension.

I'm Martin.

I've had my eye out for some of these for many years. There was a whole range up to some quite large floorstanders. I'd guess they are quite rare, at least in the UK.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

I had a pair of these - used them in a Home Cinema setup - very nice.

edit: I think mine were mk2
    Last edited by jandl100; 21-12-2015 at 07:26.

I'm Andrew.

I really like those. Interesting design and rarity factor alone make them cool but I'd guess they sound pretty good too.

I'm Michiel.

Before my current speakers I owned a pair of SB-M500M2, which is the big brother of the SB-M300. There was also a top model available, the SB-M800. I think I bought those in 2000 and owned them for about 6 years. For the money, about f650 (dutch guilders) a piece which is about €300, they were very nice speakers I must say. Very neatly built and quite heavy. Also sound quality was nice. Rich and warm sounding for what I can remember. My current Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition however have better resolution, better highs and tighter lows.

These are the ones I'm talking about:
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Cartridge Audio Technica AT33PTG II
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Ampification Accuphase E-205
    Speakers Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm drunk.

+ Reply to Thread