+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential element in the listening environment

I'm Steve.

Default Essential element in the listening environment

A real fire

I'm Richard.

Nice. But I believe a chimney is required.
    ABD.

I'm gone.

Cosy!

Sadly, the best place for my hifi gear to be sited is directly in front of the rather nice stone fireplace!

I'm Richard.

Honest, I kid you not, this has been a HUGE theme in my marriage with Sue (6 years so far)

When we met, I had the TV in the fireplace (and a beer fridge in the corner of the lounge) - speakers either side of the fireplace, which fired the long axis of the room - spot on.

Astonishingly, and quite unreasonably, she insisted we put a log burner back in the fireplace - necessitating a compromise on the HiFi / Home Audio. But since when, she has got the bug.

For about 4 years now we have been looking for houses in France - and "where are the dogs going" and "where is the HiFi going" has been the main cause of grief. We have bought a place, which we both love, and spent ages trying to accommodate the fireplace and the HiFi. The solution - with full backing from SWMBO is we are going to REMOVE the HUGE fireplace, plaster over it, and put the HiFi there, and install a separate log burner in the corner of the room. Leaving a redundant chimney (handy for routing the cables through the loft to the rear AV speakers)

The fire / HiFi dilema is resolved!!

I'm Martin.

The hi fi system should always be the priority in these situations. If it isn't then something has gone badly wrong with your life.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    A real fire

And a nice Deco fireplace too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

When I installed central heating in our previous house, a similar fireplace was then used to house my valve power amp. I made a curved clear polycarbonate cover to protect it, and the heat vented up the chimney. I still have the amp, but no fireplace now, sadly. I guess I am old enough to feel a living room without a fireplace is somehow lacking.
    ABD.

I'm Martin.

I've got two fireplaces in my living room.

One doesn't work and I've never tried the other one since it has a loudspeaker next to it.

Not much call at the moment anyway since it is warmer here now than it was for most of the 'summer'.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've got two fireplaces in my living room.
    You do have to show off, don't you?
    ABD.

I'm Martin.

Canon Climatic mate, from 1973. Now that's a gas fire. It has fallen off the wall because the brackets have perished.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast