Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantastic free CD / LP tweak!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    hi all,
    tell you what,,,ill save you all the time and trouble and try this mod myself and report back, only problem is, i dont have a draw near my system to put the CD in, so is that going to be a problem, can i put it somewhere else?
    let me know shippy...
    A...
    The drawer doesn't need to be near your system. Just in the listening room. But it's not a problem if you don't even have a drawer, put the CD in a box then, or enclosed inside of something until you can't see it. That's not really essential to the tweak, but I put it as necessary, because it does improve the perceived sound a bit more.

alb

Well, my "man drawer" is close to my audio rack.

But i'd feel far too silly.
    Are you saying you won't try this one-minute tweak because you'd feel far too silly?
    Last edited by Soundhaspriority; 15-10-2009 at 20:42.

Yeah, a Shippyfest.......great idea.

Oh bugger it's gonna be in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Ha, that's the only thing that stopped me at least giving it a crack.. I have no cd, or vinyl or even drawers in my listening room ... Give us another idea shippy and il give it a crack!
    P.s please please please be aware that the 50000 word essays are really of putting!
    Tell that to my brain! I keep trying to say this, it won't listen. No CD, no vinyl, no drawers?! Bit of a challenge, isn't it. What is your source, music server? 8-track tape? Does it have a remote? If so, place the message inside the battery compartment of the remote. That will be your device. I don't know if this will be better or worse than the CD, but it will serve a similar purpose. The rest of the instructions still apply.

I'm ChrisB.

What about someone who's speakers & listening position are in a different room to the rest of the gear?

Y'see, we all want to try!!!!!!!!!!!! - But we can't, because you talk about paying attention to the smallest details.
    We're trying, Shipster, we're trying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I hadn't seen this thread before I responded on the Welcome one. I think I'm with Steve (aquapiranha) on this one - I'm afraid I do genuinely think you need help, whether you know it, or are prepared to realise it or not.
    Yes, yes, very original thought. I will try not to take offense at your insulting knee-jerk response, because I realize this is just you reacting to challenges to your rigid belief system. I know more about you than you do about me, based on your response here. But you don't know anything about whether I am mad for advocating this simple experiment, because you have never accepted the challenge to test your claims, to find out whether you are right or wrong. It takes a minute; so why are you afraid and what are you afraid of Alex? Becoming mad, or finding out that your baseless presumptions were wrong?

I'm Mark.

Shippy,
    would it be possible to do a "pictorial" I always have problems when it comes
    to paper folding etc,so better if you do the process from scratch and take some pictures along the
    way and post them up on here.
    If you do a good job,might be a good addition to the library or reference section.

dsjr

Apparently, non-wine buffs such as me can be fooled by price tags on two identical bottles of wine - the dearest one will always "taste" better, despite them being the same, according to the research that was done..

I mentioned getting psychologists involved. We are SO easily influenced, by and large. Just look at how easily people such as Derren Brown can manipulate others...

If you are interested at all, there is a review you can read on PWB's red X coordinate pen. In it, David Clark reported having heard a negative difference in the sound, after his partner changed the message to a negative one. He was not aware of what was written, so could not have been influenced by the autosuggestion you are describing here. Keep in mind, the tweak I posted takes less time to implement than reading the article. Have you tried it then, and if so, why not?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue1/beltpen.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Galbavy View Post
    Sorry, I can't try this tweak as I am too busy arranging my colour-matched crystals in a widdershins arrangement around my special light fittings - which I understand gives a much better mid-range on female vocal acoustics in the room directly north of where my mother is at the time the lights are switched on for the 5th time on a Monday.
    Or because like Alex and many others, you are afraid of challenges to your narrow but comfortable belief system. Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    What about someone who's speakers & listening position are in a different room to the rest of the gear?

Y'see, we all want to try!!!!!!!!!!!! - But we can't, because you talk about paying attention to the smallest details.
    We're trying, Shipster, we're trying!!
    And yet no reports back yet, but lots of joke tweaks to share and predictable knee-jerk reactions against it and me! Try harder! I said the details were important, because I don't want people skipping out on important stuff simply because they can't imagine how it might be, then screaming at me and saying I wasted 5 minutes of their precious precious time after it doesn't pan out. The listening room is whatever room you listen in, so no, it shouldn't matter really if the gear is not in it, even if its likely preferable that it is.

I'm Steve.

Soundhaspriority wrote:

'Thanks for saying so. Because it seems as though I'm not as bothered by that as I was by seeing other administrators criticizing me but not saying a word to anyone else, including Steve (Aquapiranha) who is currently pursuing a campaign of personal attacks on my character he initiated since my first post. In fact, fully no members have a problem with anything that ie. AP or Greg has said to or about me (ie. I must be a drug dealer), for they haven't denounced that, but are not shy about telling me they don't like my 'tude. Attacks, I can take. Hypocrisy and injustice, I have a harder time tolerating.

I don't much like being accused of being a "shill" either. Because where does it end? Can I just stupidly accuse someone of being a wife beater, if their name reminds me of a wife beater's name? Is that okay? "It is my personal opinion you might be" is perhaps a little more tolerable. But then I would argue that you should keep those opinions to yourself, because they only serve to escalate flame wars. Personal accusations are neither respectful nor civil. If I come across as a paid shill, that's really not my fault, and nor should it be my problem. It is the baseless presumption of those making it. To me, it's a means of oppressing thoughts and ideas you don't agree with. Some have been less subtle in their efforts to oppress my thoughts and ideas, by telling me to "shut up and go away" and calling for my banishment.'

But I did not attack you from your first post, if you bothered to read anything I have posted, you would have seen that this is not the first time I have come across you on the web. A couple of years ago, someone on another forum, pinkfish, mentioned belt. You were on the case instantly, just as you were here like you have some kind of belt radar. It was not long before everyone saw through you however and you are now banned from that forum. but, that is not the only forum at which you are not welcome is it? a quick google reveals you have been a very busy boy, attempting to spread your outlandish practices throughout the globe!

Now, I really do not care if you do not respond any more, I have much better and more pressing things to be getting on with than to cross swords with a wordy 'guru' such as you. It seems you have more fun on the pro-audio sites, I imagine they are an even harder sell than some of us on here (and yes, the use of the word sell was quite deliberate).

Now, in the interests of balance, everyone should be allowed to have their say, but when what is said is merely a marketing mandate, well then I think that person should be registered as trade, and not a private poster.

Oh my, this is maybe the longest post I have made here, preferring as I do to keep brief and to the point usually, unlike yourself.
    Last edited by aquapiranha; 15-10-2009 at 21:07.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Quote Originally Posted by Shippy View Post

Are you saying you won't try this one-minute tweak because you'd feel far too silly?
    Yes.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast