+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing my MN Bearing and Wand Plus tonarm

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean View Post
    Hi Neil,

I cut all the inner plastic out of the dustcover so it would go back on and not interfere with the bearing. It won't hurt anything now being on.

As far as mats go, I've tried the Funk, acrylic, felt, cork, rubber+cork mix, silicone, leather and anything else that was popular eight years ago and the Herbies gets along with Isoplatmat the best. I consider the Isoplatmat as essential to getting the best out of the stock platter and getting that dark shouty-ness that stock table can have to go away. Obviously, when I get my platter upgrade the Isoplatmat will be going away and I can start playing with different mats again.
    Stacking mats is not a good idea, one or the other.
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Stacking mats is not a good idea, one or the other.
    I'm using the MN ETP platter now, so no need to stack any longer. I'm currently using the rubber+cork mat but will continue to experiment.

The Isoplatmat was actually permanently bonded to my stock Technics platter to damp vibrations and the Herbies mat was my record interface.
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean View Post
    I'm using the MN ETP platter now, so no need to stack any longer. I'm currently using the rubber+cork mat but will continue to experiment.

The Isoplatmat was actually permanently bonded to my stock Technics platter to damp vibrations and the Herbies mat was my record interface.
    Funk designed their mat to go straight on to the platter, not be on top of another mat. I have tried many mats and in my set up for the money the Funk is very good, but I use an Oyaide MJ12 mostly, with a BR One under it. BR One isn't a mat though, its a damping interface for under the MJ12, specially developed as such.

Not tried a Mike New ETP, my one chance was lost when the UK distributor decided to stop doing them, and yes I know I could buy one but to be honest I am pretty happy with the Funk mk 1 I have and I just can't justify the cost at the minute.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 29-02-2016 at 22:57.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123