+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which 1210 to go for?

I'm Grant.

Looks to be in nice condition Mike. Very tidy indeed.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks to be in nice condition Mike. Very tidy indeed.
    Hi,

it is, mind you not perfect there are one or 2 minor marks but for the price I paid I'm delighted with both the condition AND how it sounds, it is missing the 45rpm adapter so will add that at some point just to make it complete. It doesn't have hinges either so have to just lift the lid off, but I don't mind that either as I would use it without lid anyway.

I have to say Steve at HiFi Hangar who I bought it from was brilliant to deal with, he phoned me Thursday teatime as I had left a message earlier in the day and gave me a great deal and said he would get it sent via UPS next morning, it arrived at about 10am on Monday morning in a huge box, filled with bubble wrap and the TT itself was superbly protected with all parts wrapped individually, the cartridge has supposedly less than 20 hours on it ( although I've added another 5 already lol ).

I have no hesitation in recommending Steve to anyone else who wants to buy any of his gear, the 1210 I bought was exactly as described.

Mike.

I'm Grant.

Hifi hanger get a good name normally...good to see a good dealer getting deserved credit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Some piccies ( taken on phone so nothing special )

Great pics but it's not a 'MK5G', the '5G' has the silver flecked gloss black finish and the adjustable pitch range but I'm sure you knew that anyway.

I actually think this version looks more 'purposeful and really like the look of it.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    Great pics but it's not a 'MK5G', the '5G' has the silver flecked gloss black finish and the adjustable pitch range but I'm sure you knew that anyway.

I actually think this version looks more 'purposeful and really like the look of it.
    Very nice, tidy, clean unmarked example you have there

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post

Doh!

I just thought the G meant Generation lol I'll edit my post.

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Doh!

I just thought the G meant Generation lol I'll edit my post.

Thanks,

Mike.
    No problem.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Deano.

Guys a quick question whilst the technics gurus are mostly all in one place, what's the difference between the MK5, MK5G & MK6

Cheers

I'm Dave.

MK5 - greater range of anti-stake adjustment compared to the mk2 and the lid is held in place with magnets
    M5G - special edition with high gloss finish with metal flakes, special digital pitch slider than can switch between 8% and 16% range, fancy blue cue light, hinged lid, tonearm has a fancy finish and OFC wiring and the body has improved damping
    MK6 - is basically the M5G without the fancy finished plinth, arm or the fancy pitch slider but keeps the OFC wiring and damping improvements.
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Deano.

Oh ok wow alot of difference then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast