Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blonde moment

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Really? What fun. I hadn't realised the facility existed. Would you delete my Benchmark thread for me please?
    Why would you like it deleted?

Provide me with a suitable reason, and a link to the thread concerned, and I'll consider it. Don't expect me to know exactly where it is, or to have to search for it

Marco.

P.S As the thread has now been closed, if you wish to discuss your proposed thread removal, please PM me accordingly.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

Surely this kind of questioning is better carried out by PM?
    If someone "regrets" posting something, asking them why on an open forum will just just add salt to the wounds?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Indeed, Kevin.

The request to close the thread was made to me by the OP, via PM. Therefore, as the question was asked why the thread was deleted, and the reason has now been given, I see no further value in this particular discussion continuing, as it simply serves to defeat the object of the original thread deletion.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Just one final point, which I'd like to make abundantly clear... The (now deleted) thread would still be here now, had the OP not requested me to delete it for personal reasons, which I considered were warranted. There is no censorship or protecting of anyone's interests here, other than simply respecting the concerns of the OP.

The current situation is that the thread has been 'soft deleted', so still exists in its entirety, but has simply been 'held in storage', out of public view. Therefore, if Mike New decides to comment, and if at a later date Andrew is willing for his original posts to be viewed again, in order for Mike to respond accordingly, then the thread will be undeleted and reopened to allow that discussion to take place.

Furthermore, regardless of that, Mike may also take the opportunity to start a new thread of his own, in order to respond to the accusations of his ETP platter being produced to substandard levels - or he may just decide to deal with the matter in his own way, via PM or email, directly with his existing and/or potential customers. Either way, it's up to him.

In any event, we'll simply act as facilitators for whatever is required, as we have no foot in either camp, as it were.

It should also be noted that only in exceptional circumstances, such as was outlined earlier, are threads here ever deleted. Therefore, if any member has a notion for having one of their threads removed (other than simply an ad in the classifieds), it will need to be for a VERY good (and justifiable) reason!

That's it, folks

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12