Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blonde moment

I'm Richard.

Default blonde moment

I know it'll be my fault, probably because I've never really sussed navigating individual forums instead of just using the "today's posts" link
    But I can't find the ETP platter thread. Not even my own posts on it.

I don't think the post match hangover helps. In case anyone missed it Southampton 0 Liverpool 6

What am I doing wrong

I'm Kevin.

The wobbly ETP platter thread seems to have been deleted Richard. I assume this was at the request of the OP.
    I tried to use the links in my profile but they are no longer there.

Personally I think the right thing to do is make people aware of potential issues with any product so that the manufacturer pays attention to the quality of the product they are shipping.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Richard.

ABD.

I'm Andy.

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The wobbly ETP platter thread seems to have been deleted Richard. I assume this was at the request of the OP.
    I tried to use the links in my profile but they are no longer there.

Personally I think the right thing to do is make people aware of potential issues with any product so that the manufacturer pays attention to the quality of the product they are shipping.
    Ah - so not my technophobia this time. That seems odd. The OP's thread about selling his TT now, in the light of all the posts that were there last night seems odd.
    But odder than odd, is this idea of the thread removable at will. It seems to make a nonsense of a forum. I can't find my quote regarding champagne pupitres or MN's kind response to it on the original threads either. Is THAT my technophobia, or has the razor blade of censorship gone further than the OP's right to delete his own thread?

(How do I delete one of my threads if I want to? - I am having even less success than trying to find my e-documents on my Credit Agricole bank account. Bring back parchment and quills I say)

I'm Kevin.

Definitely a blonde moment. It's still there.

Original post:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...485#post646485

The response:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...697#post646697
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Deleted.

Yes, your second issue is a 'blonde moment', the disappearance of the ETP platter thread is another thing though.
    Account Deleted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No mystery involved. Andrew asked me to delete it, for his own personal reasons. As the OP, he has that right, so I did as he asked.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No mystery involved. Andrew asked me to delete it, for his own personal reasons. As the OP, he has that right, so I did as he asked.

Marco.
    Really? What fun. I hadn't realised the facility existed. Would you delete my Benchmark thread for me please?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    But odder than odd, is this idea of the thread removable at will. It seems to make a nonsense of a forum.
    Well, if a member has written something that they later regret, or perhaps simply change their mind about, then they have the right to ask a moderator or member of admin to remove it.

Consideration is always given as to whether or not it's the right thing to do, but if the OP feels strongly enough/upset about something he or she has written, then his or her wish is usually granted. That, and blatant trolling/spam threads, or anything that is potentially libellous, are the only acceptable circumstances for threads being deleted.

I can't find my quote regarding champagne pupitres or MN's kind response to it on the original threads either. Is THAT my technophobia, or has the razor blade of censorship gone further than the OP's right to delete his own thread?
    No idea what you're referring to, Richard, but I can assure you that if it's gone, it'll have had nothing to do with censorship!

(How do I delete one of my threads if I want to?
    You can't - no ordinary member can. You have to ask a member of admin or a moderator to do so, and provide them with a link to the thread in question, after which your request will be duly considered.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast