+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: West lancs bakeoff/get together ....16/1/16

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Understand totally, your place, your choice. said what I wanted to say. :-)
    Ali, thanks

I'm Alan.

It's no problem Brian, I hope you have a great day

I'm Micky.

Talking

Brian's a sucker for Pavola's especially the Strawberry ones.
    Those of you who are pondering on whether to put your name down or not,don't hesitate just do it!
    I've done the journey and had a brilliant time on both occasions .
    Brian and family are superb hosts.
    Get your name down quick,there are plenty on the Wam awaiting their turn including me .
    Ps he will hold you spell bound with his Kenny G solo don't forget to request this

I'm brian.

Micky. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about changing the rules to allow you and your cup cakes to attend......................but rules is rules.

Just to clarify about the KG thing. His name and music is banned in this house.

Even a mention of the name makes me tremble and vomit, my daughter starts to cry, and my wife doesnt speak to me for a week. I am asking all attendees to be very aware of the situation and be careful.

Im thinking of drawing up a 'KG contract of attendance'. It is very strictly adhered to and results in chucking out, with no excuses listened to.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Micky. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about changing the rules to allow you and your cup cakes to attend......................but rules is rules.

Just to clarify about the KG thing. His name and music is banned in this house.

Even a mention of the name makes me tremble and vomit, my daughter starts to cry, and my wife doesnt speak to me for a week. I am asking all attendees to be very aware of the situation and be careful.

Im thinking of drawing up a 'KG contract of attendance'. It is very strictly adhered to and results in chucking out, with no excuses listened to.
    Don't fall for it; he has a room dedicated to his love for KG.

I'm Alan.

Hello Brian,
    Sounds a great idea, I'm not sure if I will have transport on that day, If so I would like to bring my Albarrys, if that's ok with you.

Enjoy your music

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by ijrussell View Post
    Don't fall for it; he has a room dedicated to his love for KG.
    Sshhhhhhhh. I have an image to maintain.

Actually, for those of a KG inclination, I could have a room dedicated to the 'music' of this top, top sax player

Some folks might call it the garage. I prefer dedicated KG room. It may be cold, but that is what folks deserve who like the G'ster.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by trio leo View Post
    Hello Brian,
    Sounds a great idea, I'm not sure if I will have transport on that day, If so I would like to bring my Albarrys, if that's ok with you.

Enjoy your music

cheers Al
    Al, you would be very welcome.

Are these the Red amps. If so, Ian, the poster above you, brought some to the last Bakeoff and they sounded great. So, yes please to those.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    Brian's a sucker for Pavola's especially the Strawberry ones.
    Pavlovas, shurely? Unless that's the Teeside version?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Micky.

I stand corrected! You aren't too far from Brian Marco it is well worth the day out honest especially if you arrive at his door with a homemade one of them...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast