+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West lancs bakeoff/get together ....16/1/16

I'm brian.

Default West lancs bakeoff/get together ....16/1/16

Per Title.

I live about 12 minutes from jct 26 of the M6. 3 mins from jct 3 of M58. Out in the sticks, but nearest place is Rainford. Im close to the Rainford By-Pass

Im afraid I cant offer sleepovers to anyone, but folks can attend any time between 10am ish and 8pm ish. Drop in for as little or long as you want.

Snack lunch, then a curry in early evening. If not many folks come along, Ill make a curry. If lots, then its a carry out from a local, very nice, Indian restaurant.

Access is very easy and you can drive right up to the front door, unload your kit, then go and park elsewhere. Plenty of parking available on the drive or on the road.

There will be 4 rooms cleared and available to use, swap kit in and out etc.
    In order to not have unused kit lying around waiting to be damaged, there will also be another room just for safe storage.

Kitwise, bring anything you want and it will hopefully all get an airing. The more kit, the better.

I have had many great Bake Offs at my house via Wigwam. The last couple had close on 40 people each time, and were great fun in both Hi Fi and Social terms.
    We had 4 rooms going, each blasting away. Lots of lovely kit swapping/experiments going on. Some interesting combinations producing great sounds.

I will be having another Bake Off via Wigwam at some point, but the idea of this one is to meet some new faces, hear different approaches.
    So, I am going to have a simple rule.... If you have been to my house previously.... this Bake off ISNT for you.
    Sorry, some of you are great mates, but this one is not for you. Another Wam one will happen, and then you will be very welcome, as usual.

I am posting this on both Art of Sound and Pink Fish.

If you have not been in the company of someone from a different forum to your normal one.....dont worry.

Ive met folks from both and they are fairly normal. (ish ) Some have two heads and fangs, wear cardigans and speak with funny accents. Just go with it, and smile a lot. It will be fine.

Anyone fancy a day of Hi Fi, Music and Craic ??

I'm Alan.

I'm interested and can bring Firebottle kit
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I'm interested and can bring Firebottle kit

LOL....

Have you checked with Easy Jet that there is an early flight that morning. St Helens would be your closest bet, if they fly there. I'll find a taxi service for you, for the last leg.

I'm Martin.

St Helens has an airport now?

Last time I was there it looked a bit like how you would imagine Britain 20 years after a nuclear holocaust with the survivors just starting to build back from the ruins.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm brian.

martin, sounds as if st helens hasnt changed much since you were last there. still no airport though !

Staffs? ...............Im less than 1 hour to jct 15 of the M6.

Get yourself up here.

I'm Martin.

I'd love to Brian but can't commit to that date at the moment. If you are not full up by next week I'll get back to you.

I thought the airport sounded a bit improbable....
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    St Helens has an airport now?

Last time I was there it looked a bit like how you would imagine Britain 20 years after a nuclear holocaust with the survivors just starting to build back from the ruins.
    Ha Ha. That sounds like my description of Gravesend to the south east of London.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

LOL indeed. I'll be in the UK then

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    LOL indeed. I'll be in the UK then
    Alan, you would be very welcome to come along.

However, having someone from the Trade there promoting their equipment would not be the vibe that I would want. So I will have to say no to your offer in post 2, to bring along your kit.

I hope you understand my position, and hopefully we can still see you then.

regards
    brian

I'm Alan.

Mmm..... OK I see where you are coming from.

However I am no salesman. I would wish to bring equipment just as any other enthusiast might bring Arcam, Quad, Spendor, Linn etc.

To see how any other kit might mix and match.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast