+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDMI Cable problem

I'm Mike.

Default HDMI Cable problem

Ok so here's the thing, i've got my Xbox One connected to my A/V amp via HDMI then i've connected the TV to the amp via HDMI, my problem is that after the xbox has been on a while i seem to get a little bit of picture interference in the form of white dots on the screen, a bit like the snow interference you used to get but smaller dots and a lot less of them, but still there, my question is could the cable be causing the interference, it was a cheap one off eBay so might not be the best quality.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Grant.

Ive seen this before and its usually interference from other cables/devices in locality. smps / chargers etc are often to blame. A better cable may improve things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

are HDMI cables not shielded?

I'm Grant.

Yes they are but some are better shielded than others, and I guess that and how the shield is implemented at the plugs etc may well be the difference. I dont think price is necessarily an indicator all the time but I know from experience that many dont come up to scratch. HDMI conformity has always been a problem
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a conversation I read some time ago that I saved

Yes there are lots of other cables with different shielding. If the shielding is good they are advertised by something like fully shielded or 3-layer shielding or something like this. I seems that the one you have does not have much. Other than cable shielding, the covering of connectors is also important. Yours have a plastic covering, better versions have ceramic shielding for the connectors.
    shareimprove this answer

edited May 25 '12 at 11:26

After playing around with proper cables and removing the insulation off the Ebay ones, I came to the realisation that the cheap cables had no foil or wire shielding. This also resulted in the case of the connector not being grounded.

Replacement with another cable with sufficient shielding and proper grounding resolved all issues.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

cheers grant

I'm Mark.

It will be a faulty or poor quality cable, there not all the made to the same quality.

You know where to ask if you want a perfect one

+ Reply to Thread