+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you used a Demagnetiser track

I'm Clive.

Default Have any of you used a Demagnetiser track

I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a demagnetiser track from say Densen or Isotek for example. If so did you detect any differences.

I was given the Densen disc and have on occasion used it but hand on heart I haven't a clue if it has done anything. Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Andy.

Clive, l use the Densen de-mag- it works however the effects are subtle, but for the money l suppose it is ok.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Geoff.

Demagnetising of what exactly?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Ive got a Densen disc. I have found it useful(to my ears ((citations needed)) on occasion) especially with older gear. I know, I'm obviously a moron
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Clive, l use the Densen de-mag- it works however the effects are subtle, but for the money l suppose it is ok.
    I agree, subtle but worthwhile. I also use the Densen

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Demagnetising of what exactly?
    Geoff there theory is that magnetic fields form in all parts of the system and these tracks reduce them. It seems to work on all the systems I've tried it on. You pays your money...... If you come over again, (worth it to hear the system changes, Amp speaker cables and Xovers) we can give it a spin.

I'm Graeme.

I use the Tellerium Q disc - probably similar. Does no harm, and I quite like the sounds that it makes

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    If you come over again, (worth it to hear the system changes, Amp speaker cables and Xovers) we can give it a spin.
    I'd be interested in that Paul. I have to say it doesn't sound a likely theory, but if you can convince me otherwise............
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd be interested in that Paul. I have to say it doesn't sound a likely theory, but if you can convince me otherwise............
    make a convert of you yet Geoff only takes a few mins every now and then. was always going to rip it to my pi so I could do that line too ...too much?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    I was wondering if any of you guys ever used a demagnetiser track from say Densen or Isotek for example. If so did you detect any differences.

I was given the Densen disc and have on occasion used it but hand on heart I haven't a clue if it has done anything. Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?
    I’ve almost learned my lesson on commenting on such posts but as you asked the question (Is this a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes?) I will say only one thing. Ferrous metals contain iron and as such have magnetic properties. Although non-ferrous metals can be used to generate electromagnetic fields they unable to keep these properties once the voltage is switched off. You cannot demagnetise materials that are by their very nature non magnetic. Copper, silver, gold or any other alloy for that matter are non-ferrous. If you are prepared to pay someone money for a gadget that claims to be able to demagnetise materials devoid of any magnetic properties whatsoever then go for it. Otherwise save your money. Hope that helps

I'm Neal.

Well I'm intrigued I have to say how this disc demagnetises what are presumably copper or silver/silver plated speaker cables in Paul's system above...I suspect when you look into it the signal path in a system contains very little magnetic material vs non-magnetic....
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast