+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to CODE Acoustics!

I'm Ceri.

Smile Welcome to CODE Acoustics!

Hello,

A very warm welcome from Code Acoustics.

We're a start-up UK based firm selling high end DSP active speakers for sensible money. We sell directly through our website and keep our overheads low, so we can be very attractive on price relative to the quality of our products.

You can visit our website here:

www.code-acoustics.com

and we also have a Facebook pages where we'll keep you up to date with our progress:

www.facebook.com/CodeAcoustics/

We're in a bit of a 'soft launch' phase, as we're not expecting our first batch of production speakers till mid December, but we are keen to get the word out there. As such the website features pics of our prototypes. As soon as we can they'll be updated with production examples with professional photography.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please use the forum or email us direct on:

Info@code-acoustics.com

We'll also post discounts, special offers and new products in this section.

Here are a couple of pics of our prototypes to give you a flavour of what we'll be offering:

IMG_0457.jpgHOME 1MB.jpgIMG_0459.jpg

Our cabinets will be lacquer coated solid European Oak lamella harvested from sustainable source. The mid/highs are 15mm thick and the bass units 24mm, so pretty stiff! As we progress we'll offer more solid-wood options. We're keen to keep the varieties as local as possible and will never use non sustainable resources.

If you're keen to learn more please visit our website.

Thanks for looking!

Ceri
    Ceri
    MD CODE Acoustics
    www.code-acoustics.com

Code Acoustics SYSTEM-1 (3-way active speaker system) + Auralic Aries digital streamer

I'm Justin.

I would change "High end HiFi, reasonable priced & sold direct" to "High end hi-fi, reasonably priced and sold direct." as the pedant in me reigns strongly today.

I'm Ceri.

Hi Justin,

Thank you very much! Spelling has never been my strong point, I must share that trait with a lot of engineers.

Website corrected.

Cheers,

Ceri

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Another in the shop section - re-assured should be reassured.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ceri.

Hi Don,

Thanks for the heads up! Now corrected. I should change this post name to 'AoS members help me with my spelling!'.

Ceri
    Ceri
    MD CODE Acoustics
    www.code-acoustics.com

Code Acoustics SYSTEM-1 (3-way active speaker system) + Auralic Aries digital streamer

I'm Rob.

Interesting site and products. Good luck.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Ceri.

Hi Rob,

Thanks! I just saw from you're location that you must be pretty close. If you fancy I'll give you a shout when we get our first production batch in. You would be more than welcome to come over and have a listen to our speakers. No pressure sell, I promise! As we're in this building phase it's great to get as much feedback as we can, positive or negative.

Cheers,

Ceri
    Ceri
    MD CODE Acoustics
    www.code-acoustics.com

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yeah, interesting stuff, I use miniDSP modules myself, to run my OB's actively.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ceri.

Ah, great stuff. They really are good bits of kit. Particularly for OB use. I made a pair of OB bass speakers using 2x15" drivers per side a few years ago and was blown away, given the system's components were very modestly priced. They seem to completely take the room out of the equation, and just sound so unforced and natural. Unfortunately, lots of homes particularly in the UK (small) find it difficult to accommodate them. Hopefully we'll get a chance to produce an OB model going forward.

What's the config of your current OB speakers?

PS I don't want to overdo the company plug, but we're talking to miniDSP at the moment about distributing their products here in the UK, which may make it a little easier than importing from HK and paying duties.
    Ceri
    MD CODE Acoustics
    www.code-acoustics.com

I'm Rob.

Ceri, that's a offer I can't refuse. As you know Surrey is a massive county, but luckily I am not too far away

I am currently using some open baffles which I am tweaking to get them to my liking. The first time I have used an OB, but the jury is out at the moment.

Regards.

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast