+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday surprise.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Following a recent Saturday battle with an alcohol problem I woke up the proud owner of a pair of Edingdale speakers. Who said drink was bad for you?
    Hi Steve,
    hope the wake up was a pleasant surprise. Don't know what happened to the original set of chrome plated spikes that were on the speakers but no matter a replacement gold plated set with cup washers was posted Friday night. Glad you cottoned to the adjustable L-Pad on the rear of the speakers. Use this to fine tune the speakers to your room. You'll be surprised just how much an effect dialling in or out ½dB can make. However once set folk generally forget about it which is how it should be.

One other small piece of advise. I note in the man cave photo you have the speakers toed in quite some. From experience with these speakers they perform best with little or no toe-in. This will widen the soundstage quite some.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Welcome to the E club Steve, hope you enjoy them, are they the original cherry prototypes?

Nigel
    Nigel, yes they are my original Cherry prototype build speakers but with the upgraded mk2 crossover.

I'm Gary.

+1
    Spent some time adjusting positioning and always came back to firing straight out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    Hi Steve,
    hope the wake up was a pleasant surprise. Don't know what happened to the original set of chrome plated spikes that were on the speakers but no matter a replacement gold plated set with cup washers was posted Friday night. Glad you cottoned to the adjustable L-Pad on the rear of the speakers. Use this to fine tune the speakers to your room. You'll be surprised just how much an effect dialling in or out ½dB can make. However once set folk generally forget about it which is how it should be.

One other small piece of advise. I note in the man cave photo you have the speakers toed in quite some. From experience with these speakers they perform best with little or no toe-in. This will widen the soundstage quite some.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Looking good Steve, would love to hear those speakers, yet to hear a bad thing said about them. Many have said on threads ( inc this one) how good they are for the price. Same with elec beach horns, so what are the price of these speakers? i would like to know if they are affordable. Sorry for slight thread hijack, i am not asking how much you paid for them, just an idea of what these go for. thanks
    The price of these speakers is a mere £1500. As I managed to buy near all the world stock of the mid-woofers direct from the manufacturer and Canadian seller at near manufacture cost price we were able to pass this saving on. Unfortunately my prototypes and the ones Steve now owns are the last pair available. I have one last pair in the final stages of build at the moment destined for a client in the Birmingham area and to be finished in American Black Walnut but that is the lost I'm afraid. I simply have ran out of sufficient mid-woofer drivers to build any more the speakers. I have a few spare should any the Edingdale owners have the misfortune to damage a driver. Having said this Scott, my design guru partner, and I are working on a Mk2 Edingdale using a different mid-woofer driver and again to the pricing will be to give big bang for buck sound. So watch this pace............

I'm Dave.

Thanks Collin,
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    +1
    Spent some time adjusting positioning and always came back to firing straight out.
    Gaz, love that avatar. Who is she?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

His vinyl assistant. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Where can i get one Ali?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    His vinyl assistant. :-)

I'm Nigel.

Join the waiting list Steve.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Gaz, love that avatar. Who is she?
    Have a few of the girls working for me Steve...
    This one saves me getting up every 20 minutes...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast