+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Analogue Synthesis

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This is my idea of analogue synth heaven Shaun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7beQLlU478Q
    Yes man, fully agree, damn fine bit of knob twiddling with a rather gorgeous reverb added. Also bloody love that synth by Moog. Available at Gear4Music no less.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yes man, fully agree, damn fine bit of knob twiddling with a rather gorgeous reverb added. Also bloody love that synth by Moog. Available at Gear4Music no less.
    Mate of mine has just bought the Mother 32 but not greeting such nice tunes out of it just yet. Erika is very good at knob twiddling.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Mate of mine has just bought the Mother 32 but not greeting such nice tunes out of it just yet. Erika is very good at knob twiddling.
    She certainly looks to be having fun with those knobs. I wonder what she'd make of mine...? I have twenty nine for her to go at

I'm Andr'e.

Dont cut the mustard with me, i am afraid. I learned the hard way the original clobber or nowt.

I'm Andr'e.

Just got shut of these Never ever any more Digital Synths.

I'm Shaun.

Completely away from analogue synthesis and totally digital using the Sytrus VST plugin, here is my latest composition focusing on the salt marshes close to where I live. We get the most amazing clouds skidding across this massive flat landscape and it really inspires me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63DeKGimXA

I'm Shaun.

Arturia Beatstep sequencer and Arturia Minibrute analogue synth

I'm Andr'e.

I did not know 'Beatstep' was available in Black. I've sold a White one with white 'SparkLE' a few months ago.

I'm Shaun.

Yes Man, Beatstep Black Limited Edition. Came complete with various plugins but who the hell uses them...? I have just weakened and bought a Korg Electribe EA-1 virtual analogue synth module and sequencer from back around Y2K as I used to use one back then and to be honest, I really miss the simplicity. In a month or two I shall buy a Korg ER-1 virtual analogue drum machine as well as I used to have one of those at the same time.

The EA-1 is mint, original box, original manual and original psu. I have just paid £110 including postage. I remember back when they were bloody expensive especially for the pair. OK, so the EA-1's biggest shortcoming is no LFO but it never stopped me from getting some great sequences running from it. It is very different from the Minibrute but much more programmable than the Beatstep which is very disappointing.

I'm Andr'e.

Original MS range..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast