+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Analogue Synthesis

I'm Shaun.

Default Analogue Synthesis

Just bought an Arturia Minibrute analogue synthesiser for my mini recording setup.
    Although the signal path is 100% analogue, there are some features that are digitally controlled.

Now to go off and pretend to be Eno

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cool!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Shaun.

Having delved a little deeper into this synthesiser now it appears that the digital control is only for the LFO's with everything else being analogue. It certainly is a very nice toy to play with if you remember the early days of Roxy Music, Sweet and the Who.

I'm Shaun.

M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI Controller

This is certainly not analogue but enables me to control a whole host of software plugins via FL-Studio.
    All of the encoders can be assigned to for example, filter sweep, resonance or modulation and the keys are velocity sensitive unlike the Arturia and are also aftertouch sensitive like the Arturia.
    I just love making my own music however the mood takes me

I'm Sam.

I'm going to be awash with pads and evolving sounds soon because I won an auction for a heap of things including a Wavestation module. Not analogue but seemed a good place to mention a synth purchase.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    I'm going to be awash with pads and evolving sounds soon because I won an auction for a heap of things including a Wavestation module. Not analogue but seemed a good place to mention a synth purchase.
    Really Sam I'm loving any kind of synthesis and playing/composing. In the past years I have nearly always used Korg keyboards with my favourite purchase being a Korg Z1 back around Y2K. I am currently awaiting a compensation payment that has to go through the court system so that I may be able to purchase a couple of Croft Series 7 monoblocks and a Doepfer modular synth.

I'm Alex.

I had an Octave Cat once. Sounded 'phat' and great but had tuning issues.
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Shaun.

Well, you know, it is now the end of March and I still don't have my compensation payout...! Still looking forward to a nice shiny new Hi-Fi setup with Croft amplifiers and still looking forward to a nice modular synth setup. Sooner rather than later...!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    I had an Octave Cat once. Sounded 'phat' and great but had tuning issues.
    Yes man, even my Minibrute takes around ten minutes for the oscillators to stabilise.

I'm Andr'e.

Shaun
    I have just sold a load of gear i just could not get on with.. My old Roland 'JV1080' Rack mount synth i bough in the 90's i decided to let go.. Alser a Novation 'Mini Nova' synth. Roland ''A49' MIDI Keyboard & Roland 'Boutique: JX-03' Synth module.. It's an old vintage Synth now or nothing but the prices are bonkers..

I would love my old Roland 'Jupiter 4' & 'Pro-Mars' synths back..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast