+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Croft Micro Basic 25 Valve Pre Amp

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well I did deliberately say in the original post that it was not a 'review' just my thoughts on how it had improved upon my 20 year old Linn pre; so please do not ignore that and end up disappointed - althougth I will qualify that now and say that unless you already have a very good pre-amp I think you will be favourably impressed.

Martin
    I'm not a fussy guy, you know. Whatever the sound, I've always appreciated carefully-made (almost made with love, should I say) gear.
    Knowing what I know about Glenn, disappointment is not a possible option.

(moreover I don't have a very good preamp. It's a Cyrus integrated, which is also more of an "emotional" choice.)
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Martin.

Here's a piccie of the Croft:

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

You know, I think I prefer the down-beat "Micro" knobs on there to the blingy chrome ones on the bigger model.......

Make sure that you're not picking up hum fields from the CD player underneath - some sorbothane/damping sheeting/feet should be looked into too I suggest - the sheeting for the CD player (it's main weak point) and squidgey feet for the Croft, to prevent vibrations getting into the preamp (microphony?).

Mega-
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    You know, I think I prefer the down-beat "Micro" knobs on there to the blingy chrome ones on the bigger model.......

Make sure that you're not picking up hum fields from the CD player underneath - some sorbothane/damping sheeting/feet should be looked into too I suggest - the sheeting for the CD player (it's main weak point) and squidgey feet for the Croft, to prevent vibrations getting into the preamp (microphony?).

Mega-
    Its certainally 'bling free' ain't it?

I'm currently building another stand for the CD player to sit so soon the Croft will have a shelf of its own...

Martin

I'm Nobody.

I've been sat here tonight considering the Croft 'Micro Basic' Line Level Pre to use with the Leak 'Stereo 20'..Anyone got a picture of the inside of one, i'm extremely fussy about internal detail.

I'm Shaun.

You know, this is bloody ridiculous... I've just attempted to buy one of these preamps from three dealers and have been unable to buy one. I don't quite know what kind of business these people are trying to run but it can't be much of one. Audio Classics also don't take credit cards so I guess, the same applies. Walrus Systems tried to tell me that the preamp is only available to special order when I know that is simply not true as the first two have them in stock and Radlett just will not answer the phone.

So, to match my Audiolab 8000M's I'm going to have to buy an Audiolab 8000Q...!!!

I'm notAlone.

This is a pity... it seems an outstanding amp. Imho, you should retry Radlett, if you can.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    You know, this is bloody ridiculous... I've just attempted to buy one of these preamps from three dealers and have been unable to buy one. Audio Flair don't take credit cards...! I don't quite know what kind of business these people are trying to run but it can't be much of one. Audio Classics also don't take credit cards so I guess, the same applies. Walrus Systems tried to tell me that the preamp is only available to special order when I know that is simply not true as the first two have them in stock and Radlett just will not answer the phone.

So, to match my Audiolab 8000M's I'm going to have to buy an Audiolab 8000Q...!!!
    PM mi owd sausage

I'm Shaun.

Radlett are still not answering the telephone some three hours after I first tried and I have no way of paying for a preamp other than by my credit card. Just how the hell can these people run a business involving hundreds of pounds without accepting credit cards...??? My shop accepts debit and credit cards for as little as a tenner...!! What the hell is going on here...???

I will not use credit card cheques as that involves a higher interest rate and waiting around for the damn things to clear. I have money to spend right NOW and I can only do that through my credit card. Don't these bloody people want money...???

I'm Nobody.

Phone Haden Boardman up at audio classics in Lancashire, he's a nice bloke & a Croft outlet.

01942 790600

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast