+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Farlowe exposure fans on here ?

I'm Andrew.

Default Any Farlowe exposure fans on here ?

I’ve never heard any exposure amps so I’ve now bought just a few to play with.

Any fans on here ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Over here

After the usual Japanese amps when I was young I got really into the Quad sound for a while. Things were fine until one day I heard an old "biscuit tin" Exposure VII and VIII and that was it! As the bottom of the range Exposures they're probably all that most people could ever wish for. Suddenly I was right in front of the stage, the sound was 3D and bass was sublime. If that means they have coloured sound then I like coloured sound!

I edged up the path with XI, XVII and Super XVIII but never heard the Dual IV or monos. I still use a (genuine) Dual VII and 2xVIs in my main rig with Avondale monos, which are very similar in character to the Exposures but have just a touch more je ne sais quoi all round for my ears, and I keep a XXVIII Dual Mono beast (from just after JF left - I believe it's his design pimped by Tony Brady) in another rig.

Any Naim kit I ever heard sounded pale and thin by comparison.

Enjoy!

Pete

I'm Andrew.

Good to hear that there are 2 of us on here , I’m picking it all up tomorrow.

I'm Martin.

They're not coloured - IMO - but they did have fairly serous power supplies, more so than Naim and especially so compared to a lot of the non-flagship Japanese amps of the same era.

Good amps and look good too. Couldn't afford them at the time but if I could would probably have had a pre-power combo.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Naim were, IMO, always over-rated. The NAP200 was, if I recall, a simple adaptation from an RCA application note for their power transistors.

I can recall hearing an aubergine-coloured 'biscuit tin' Exposure amplifier at Knightsbridge Audio, around the early '80s. Can't remember the exact model, but I think it was an integrated design. I have to say it didn't make much of an impression on me - but then I was, and still am, a fan of Quad gear.
    Barry

I'm Shane.

I used to have the X Integrated. I recall a punchy forward type of presentation. Very well made.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andrew.

Well after a 4 hour round trip I’m now at home listening to the 3 & 4 .
    So much low volume grunt , very much like the Pathos TT but on steroids.

I'm Grant.

look in great nick. made some good gear did exposure
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    look in great nick. made some good gear did exposure
    It is mate, the preamp especially looks brand new .

I'm Steve.

Some great looking vintage gear that's not Japanese for a change. Nice find Andy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast